Downtown Somerville, New Jersey Cruise Night (Date Change)

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im working tomorrow from 2-3pm in times square so after that im a free man. i guess we can touch base in the AM or something.

[/QUOTE]

What are you doing taking pictures of the NAKED COWBOY? You go Malaka boy.I hear you.

WAR THE GREEK IN ME IS THE GREEK IN YOU :headbang:

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i guess 4-4:30 on the turnpike right after the lincoln tunnel. the rest stop is also on the left after you pass the George Washington Bridge.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum's going to meet us just after we exit to rte 78 (on rte 78). Who are we expecting at the rest stop on the turnpike just south of the Lincoln Tunnel intersection?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im gonna be sitting in the local lanes at the overpass for the NJ parkway. I'll see you guys and catch up if SLS isnt leaading...lol

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just got in and must say, that was a GOOD event. Can't go wrong with 20 Vipers and many other cars. I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL THE HAMPTONS TRIP!!!!

Here are a few pictures:

You must be registered for see images

Oh and Dimitrios, here is a picture of a 575 Maranello by Ferrari for clarification:

You must be registered for see images attach

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
As usual, another great event. Many thanks to Charlie,Chris, Bobby C, Tommy R and Donna K for their hard work in personally promoting and help coordinate this event. We have a great club and its always fun when we get together, regardless of venue. Special thanks to our New York brothers and sisters(and espcially City Snake and Adrian and D ) who travelled a good distance to share the Somerville Cruise good time.

Despite my good cheer , one post in leading up to this event compels some additional response. Plum Crazy, I don't appreciate your gratuitus sarcasm nor devisive attitude with your your reference to me as "El Presidente sitting on my throne" etc. Statements like this confirm our belief of your absolute ignorance of the hours/days of our personal/professional time that must be dedicated to hold a leadership position in the VCA. While I note that you have been critical of the New Jersey Club and its events in prior posts (your inane and uninformed criticism of a viper tech's comments at one of our events was exposed when it was revealed that you didn't even attend the tech session comes to mind!!)your comments are neither appreciated nor respected. We are a SOCIAL organization and we strive to promote good will, help charities and have a good time within our Viper community.

I note that despite living in New Jersey you elected to finally become a member (after enjoying several of our events while criticizing same without even joining the club!) of the New York/CT. Club. That is fine and be assured we all wished you well. However, it is curious that since you landed there, that National VCA has now been receiving detailed correspondence from long standing VCA members citing your divisive conduct/posts in your new regional club.
Instead of perpetuating this type of conduct, why don't you choose to expend energy to unite rather than attack and divide your fellow club members?

Plum Crazy/Phil TAKE A DEEP BREATH. We are not aware that you ever volunteered to help organize, coordinate, or otherwise dedicate YOUR PERSONAL time (other than mere attendence)at any VCA events. We are likewise not aware that you ever contributed anything to a club newsletter or even made a charitable contribution. Why not take some of your obvious energy and volunteer to help the club in a meaningful way (posting of meeting points for cruises is not meaningful by the way). Anyone can sit at a keyboard and spin smack. Perhaps you have not considered that your comments defame and disparage not only your fellow viper club members, but indeed demean the entire VCA image as you advertise a warring and factionalized group instead of emphasizing that friendly viper owners like to get together to help their community and each other when they can.

One last item. In a post today you made some remarks about the past New York President not making certain responses "to your face". Please do not interpret this written format/post as anything except it is a convienient and timely way for me to forward these thoughts. You will not have any "face to face" disability with me. If you continue with the disrespectful and disparaging comments like "el presidente" etc, be certain that you will see "my face" .

WORK FOR YOUR CLUB NOT AGAINST IT and stop the sophmoric nonsense!

Bob Carroll, PRESIDENT
New Jersey VCA

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As usual, another great event. Many thanks to Charlie,Chris, Bobby C, Tommy R and Donna K for their hard work in personally promoting and help coordinate this event. We have a great club and its always fun when we get together, regardless of venue. Special thanks to our New York brothers and sisters(and espcially City Snake and Adrian and D ) who travelled a good distance to share the Somerville Cruise good time.

Despite my good cheer , one post in leading up to this event compels some additional response. Plum Crazy, I don't appreciate your gratuitus sarcasm nor devisive attitude with your your reference to me as "El Presidente sitting on my throne" etc. Statements like this confirm our belief of your absolute ignorance of the hours/days of our personal/professional time that must be dedicated to hold a leadership position in the VCA. While I note that you have been critical of the New Jersey Club and its events in prior posts (your inane and uninformed criticism of a viper tech's comments at one of our events was exposed when it was revealed that you didn't even attend the tech session comes to mind!!)your comments are neither appreciated nor respected. We are a SOCIAL organization and we strive to promote good will, help charities and have a good time within our Viper community.

I note that despite living in New Jersey you elected to finally become a member (after enjoying several of our events while criticizing same without even joining the club!) of the New York/CT. Club. That is fine and be assured we all wished you well. However, it is curious that since you landed there, that National VCA has now been receiving detailed correspondence from long standing VCA members citing your divisive conduct/posts in your new regional club.
Instead of perpetuating this type of conduct, why don't you choose to expend energy to unite rather than attack and divide your fellow club members?

Plum Crazy/Phil TAKE A DEEP BREATH. We are not aware that you ever volunteered to help organize, coordinate, or otherwise dedicate YOUR PERSONAL time (other than mere attendence)at any VCA events. We are likewise not aware that you ever contributed anything to a club newsletter or even made a charitable contribution. Why not take some of your obvious energy and volunteer to help the club in a meaningful way (posting of meeting points for cruises is not meaningful by the way). Anyone can sit at a keyboard and spin smack. Perhaps you have not considered that your comments defame and disparage not only your fellow viper club members, but indeed demean the entire VCA image as you advertise a warring and factionalized group instead of emphasizing that friendly viper owners like to get together to help their community and each other when they can.

One last item. In a post today you made some remarks about the past New York President not making certain responses "to your face". Please do not interpret this written format/post as anything except it is a convienient and timely way for me to forward these thoughts. You will not have any "face to face" disability with me. If you continue with the disrespectful and disparaging comments like "el presidente" etc, be certain that you will see "my face" .

WORK FOR YOUR CLUB NOT AGAINST IT and stop the sophmoric nonsense!

Bob Carroll, PRESIDENT
New Jersey VCA

Bob,

If I may speak a bit in behalf of Phil, I think you may have misinterpreted his posts relating to "El Presidente". THAT is his pet name for ME....which has somehow taken on a life of it's own, mostly due to the fact that the guys KNOW how much I HATE being referred to as that! LOL Perhaps you read (into) that reference incorrectly?

I might also mention that Phil's been extremely helpful to the NY/CT region since his joining after the recent election. He helps moderate our website and has been very active with orchestrating and participating in events. I'd venture that if the 2 of you spent a minute discussing your (IMHO) misconceptions of each other, you'd be good buds. Perhaps you (and any of your members) can make our Hampton's lunch? If so, I'd be pleased to buy you both a (non-alcholic ;) ) beer.

Anyway, thanks for the GREAT hospitality (again)! It's a wonderful excursion for us NY/CTers. Always nice to have a "friendly" police ****** for a change! :D :2tu:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more photos....
Da Boys!
2402100-0003_IMG-med.JPG

Anuda Boy!
2402100-0004_IMG-med.JPG

T & D
2402100-0005_IMG-med.JPG

It Wunt me!
2402100-0006_IMG-med.JPG

Me needa!
2402100-0008_IMG-med.JPG

2402100-0007_IMG-med.JPG

Pic(k)!
2402100-0009_IMG-med.JPG

Lead In.
2402100-0010_IMG-med.JPG

2402100-0011_IMG-med.JPG
2402100-0012_IMG-med.JPG
2402100-0013_IMG-med.JPG
2402100-0014_IMG-med.JPG
2402100-0015_IMG-med.JPG

So you wan to be SLS?
2402100-0016_IMG.JPG

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Scott,
First of all, thanks for coming the other night. We certainly will try to advertise and support your events with our membership. We are ALL VCAers regardless of region. In regard to Phil/Plum Crazy, my response was predicated on it being in response to and directly following an offer from our club secretary Charlie T, to include everyone in our meal/beverage at Somerville and if participating, please give us a call to provide the resturant a head count. Several of our members expressed their objection of what appeared to be an attack on me from Phil. I hope to meet everyone in your club (I know many already but there is always new persons) and especially your leadership team (which by all reports are working hard to make your club as good as it can be). It is true that I briefly met Phil and the tech he complained about was a dear friend of many of our club members. You would have defended him yourself. In any event, I look forward to meeting Phil and I know from my life experience that a few minutes face to face and perhaps we can both be friends.
What I can't tolerate is how some posts personally attack our own membership. I am as far from a computer punk as you can get and maybe the new generation interpersonal dialogue allows peoples reputations and good names to be ridiculed on national websites, but it won't happen to me or my friends as long as I am in this club. That is why I usually respond very forcefully when anyone is personally attacked. But, enough on negative stuff.

Scott, keep up the great job. Lets try to do more NY/NJ/Ct events together. The 9/11 run seems like a great venue to show our Viper strength. (please note that it is the same weekend as the National VCA Board meeting in St. Louis, but I have every intention on taking a redeye and getting back in time to participate). Many of our leadership committee will be definitely be there.

In brotherhood
Bob Carroll

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob I like your style kid. The sound of in your face made me spit coffee out of my mouth. Plum keep up the great work brother. Yo Scott see you Saturday

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Scott I was right.It's saturday. I am sleeping infront of your building. :headbang:

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Sommerville last year and it was great! Dinner after also. I would have been there this year if not for a National Prowler event in Wisconsin! Bob and his NJ crew were great in the Poconos in April and May at the Zone in Englishtown NJ. Great club and members. Phil has always been respectful to me and I have no problems with him also. I find that there are many guys on here who have a lot to say. I take it very lightly. In one ear and out the other. None of the big mouth guys online are like that in person. I'm the same all the time. Lets have fun, drive our cars and enjoy the weather. JMO See you guys Sunday!