Driver in a Ferrari explains why we prefer Vipers over Vettes

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This video shows, in vivid detail, why we love our Vipers, and the passion they bring out.

While not a Ferrari F-1 car, it explains why the communication feedback from a Viper goes straight to our pleasure centers.

http://www.windingroad.com/articles...wsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-94

Might help you enjoy your next Viper ride just a bit more, and also have you trying to figure out how you can arrange a ride in a Formula 1 racer

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when Hammond drove a Formula car on Top gear. You need to have the guts to drive it fast to get the downforce for cornering and to get heat in the brakes....even though the Hamster has so much experience behind high end sports cars, even he wasn't able to overcome his fears...I guess that "fear" and respect for being hard to drive is also present with the Viper for a lot of people and that's why I like the image it has.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"fear" and respect for being hard to drive is also present with the Viper for a lot of people and that's why I like the image it has.

INDY has it right.

Drivers with even a touch of skill can drive a Vette fast and ANYONE can drive a GT-R or Posche Turbo fast. However, it takes skill, respect, and patience to drive a Viper fast, without putting it into the armco.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure hope Viper goes auto---Dave

FYI, F1 cars have:
- Standard non-ABS braking systems
- A Sequential transmission
- No Traction Control
- No Launch Control

not much automatic going on there... LOL

+1 on everyoneelse's comments. :2tu:
I love how engaged(mind&body) i am to my Viper whether it be just rollin down the freeway, or tearing up a road course.
The connection is even better now that i have my new sparco seat installed. There was too much road/car feedback lost in translation between that big cushiony leather OEM seat and my but:)

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, F1 cars have:
- Standard non-ABS braking systems
- A Sequential transmission
- No Traction Control
- No Launch Control

And BIG CAJONES

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ever want to see real F1 skill, go look at an old GP race from Monaco on Youtube from the mid to late 80's and watch Senna's in-cockpit view. He must shift a hundred times per lap, all perfectly rev matched, while fighting to control the car. Now that was skill and no one today will ever be able to outperform his talent. I bet most F1 drivers would crap their pants if they were confronted with a F1 car from that era....little downforce, no drivers aids, standard transmission, massive power and no safety features. Not many cars have this raw character in them anymore nowadays.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missunderstood the thread title, I was listening for the driver to actually make that compairison. Anyway, I like how one of the steering wheel knobs was "DD". I guess that that's the "daily driver" setting.

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, me too me too.......

I missunderstood the thread title, I was listening for the driver to actually make that compairison. Anyway, I like how one of the steering wheel knobs was "DD". I guess that that's the "daily driver" setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper