Driver side door sagging-- sticks when I try to open it--DEALER FIX?

vicj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Recently, my driver side door on my GTS is sticking and hard to open. It seems like it is out of alignment. I installed some heavier speakers about a year ago in the doors and I think the weight has caused the misalignment. Has anyone else had this problem? DId you fix it yourself or is this a "STEALER" repair issue ($$$). :dunno:

Gotta fix it before it gets worse!!

Thanks in advance for your advice!! :2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove hinge cover, loosen all but 1 hinge screw (loosen last screw lightly), close door with a towel on the sill or use a jack under the door (worked for me, towel did not), re-righten hinge.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No doubt the aging single hinge as D6 describes.

Does your door stay open when you push it open? or drift closed? not related to SAG, but a new hinge assembly fixes BOTH at only $250 !

OP
OP
V

vicj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys.

Well,

Checked the hinge and adjusted it only to find in hindsight that the problem is with my inside door panel that has started to pry itself loose at the top and bottom of the rear part of the door ---that is what has been catching ahold of the door seal and causing the door to stick-- I never noticed that it had started to separate before today.

Problem is there doesnt seem to be any way to reseal the door panel to the door where it has separated!? No screws / clips that are missing that I can see. Whats the fix for a (now) warped interior door panel!? I cant seem to get it to seal properly back to the door??

Any ideas!?