Drove Right By a Cop and Valentine One Did Nothing

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two Valentine One detectors (one for my snake and one for my other cars) so it was not the same unit. Different unit, same result. Yesterday it was a highway patrol car and today it was a local cop car. I guess I need to buy some Dunkin' Donuts and Krispy Kreme gift certificates. :rolleyes:

"Hey, I'll give you $200 for that POS V1 right now!"

Well that settles it. I'm in for two fiddy on one of your V1's. Done? Done. I'll pm you my shipping details. Oh yeah, please include all the original packaging, etc.

:D :usa: :usa: :usa:

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my experience Valentine 1 is the best radar you can buy. A little pricy but worth it. I will not drive my car without it. The only set back like anything else is the instant ON or not ON at all. That might be your luckiest day.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well today I was out in my Suburban SUV going to the supermarket and sure enough I come to the intersection and there is a cop right there. My Valentine once again does nothing. No beep, flash, or anything. I must have been 10 feet from him.

I have two Valentine One detectors (one for my snake and one for my other cars) so it was not the same unit. Different unit, same result. Yesterday it was a highway patrol car and today it was a local cop car. I guess I need to buy some Dunkin' Donuts and Krispy Kreme gift certificates. :rolleyes:

DUDE!!!

Pay attention!!!

He might not have had radar, or it was not on. Do you work for Cinncinati Microwave or something?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Well today I was out in my Suburban SUV going to the supermarket and sure enough I come to the intersection and there is a cop right there. My Valentine once again does nothing. No beep, flash, or anything. I must have been 10 feet from him.

DUH.

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember reading about the V1 and becoming very interested about 2 years ago. Is this still the number one detector on the market? I am considering purchasing one, anyone have pics of their "clean" installs?

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Could this have something to do with that new "POP" type radar? I have not sent mine away for the upgrade yet. What is it? How do you know if they are using it in your area?

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if you are fat AND stupid. It works. Saved my ASS doing 140+, and many many many other times.

And driving 140+ on public roadways is what slim and intelligent people do?

Oops...gotta go. Time to mod my car. UPS just arrived with the new billet radio knobs.

:rolleyes:

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

I would have to see a pic to confirm the fat part, but yes, if you think $400 is better spent on donuts than a V1, then the stupid part goes without saying....and the fat part will come after eating the $400 worth of donuts. Case AND point.

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to see a pic to confirm the fat part, but yes, if you think $400 is better spent on donuts than a V1, then the stupid part goes without saying....and the fat part will come after eating the $400 worth of donuts. Case AND point.

Ummm...err...I was suggesting Dunkin' Donuts gift certificates to bribe the police officer, not for oneself...

BTW...If I know the correct spelling of "blonde" does that make me smarter?

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

P.S. - Got the new radio knobs installed. Thinking about having them powder-coated or polished. Any suggestions?

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ummm...err...I was suggesting Dunkin' Donuts gift certificates to bribe the police officer, not for oneself...

BTW...If I know the correct spelling of "blonde" does that make me smarter?

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

P.S. - Got the new radio knobs installed. Thinking about having them powder-coated or polished. Any suggestions?

Ain't nothin' better than having your own personal spell-checking-*****. Even better when they are WRONG!

blond also blonde ( P ) Pronunciation Key (blnd)
adj. blond·er, blond·est
Having fair hair and skin and usually light eyes: blond Scandinavians.
Of a flaxen or golden color or of any light shade of auburn or pale yellowish brown: blond hair.
Light-colored through bleaching: blond furniture.

n.
A person with fair hair and skin and usually light eyes.
A light yellowish brown to dark grayish yellow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English blounde, from Old French blonde, of Germanic origin. See bhel-1 in Indo-European Roots.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
blondish adj.
blondness n.

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Blond

adj : being or having light colored skin and hair and usually blue or gray eyes; "blond Scandinavians"; "a house full of light-haired children" [syn: blonde, light-haired] [ant: brunet] n : a person with fair skin and hair [syn: blonde]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Blond

BLOND: in Acronym Finder

Source: Acronym Finder, © 1988-2004 Mountain Data Systems

Do you realize just how STUPID you look?

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was younger blonde always had an "e." And gauge always had a "u." And "ain't" was not an acceptable word. Oh how things change.

Just my $0.01

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You all would be suprised to know that only a small percentage of police cars are equipped with radar/laser equipment. Even more suprised to know that the Officers assinged to that car aren't certified to use the equipment anyways.

Must be a Florida thing, at least 70% of the cruisers up my way run radar.

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ain't nothin' better than having your own personal spell-checking-*****. Even better when they are WRONG!

"Blonde" is correct.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

P.S. - Thinking about ordering some billet floor mats. Any suggestions?

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I really don't think your detectors work. I'll take them off your hands if you want.... You wouldn't want to be relying on faulty equipment would you? I'll even send you some replacement BEL unit that will definitely go off near ANY cops. PM me if you are interested. ;)

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could have been "instant on" or a VASCAR(visual average speed calculated using a known distance(2 known points seperating a known distance)). either one of these inforcement methods will give little or no warning. the VASCAR you need to look for marks(lines)usually perpendicular to the road surface that mark the known distance and or low flying high winged air craft that use these marks on the ground to notify a ground based trooper in a waiting car. I have some suggested reading for all the lead footed drivers out there it is a MUST " The speeder's guide to avoiding tickets" written buy a retired NY state trooper. Very lite reading paperback avialable at most big stores Barnes and Noble and Border's if you speed you must read this book. there is much information to be learned!

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Retard,

Webster's Dictionary says I was right all along. Here is the link:

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=blond&x=20&y=11

Main Entry: 1 blond
Variant(s): or blonde /'bländ/
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French blond, masculine, blonde, feminine
1 a : of a flaxen, golden, light auburn, or pale yellowish brown color <blond hair> b : of a pale white or rosy white color <blond skin> c : being a blond
2 a : of a light color b : of the color blond c : made light-colored by bleaching <a table of blond walnut>
- blond·ish /'blän-dish/ adjective

Nothing worse than someone who can't admit he is wrong, even when proof is put before them. Now go argure with Webster. Maybe he is hiring personal spell checking b1tches. Because as I have just PROVEN, you services are no longer needed.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was younger blonde always had an "e." And gauge always had a "u." And "ain't" was not an acceptable word. Oh how things change.

Just my $0.01

"Ain't" on a Muscle/Sports Car Internet forum is acceptable (although wrong grammer) unless you are a pompus pr1ck snob wanna-be socialite who can't out debate someone so they pick on their spelling and then they are wrong the whole time (cough-DannyOcean-cough). Since you said times had changed, I just thought I would update you.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just my $0.01
"Ain't" on a Muscle/Sports Car Internet forum is acceptable (although wrong grammer) unless you are a pompus pr1ck snob wanna-be socialite who can't out debate someone so they pick on their spelling and then they are wrong the whole time (cough-DannyOcean-cough). Since you said times had changed, I just thought I would update you.

They must not teach etiquette in Texas given your terse (and poorly spelled) response. There was nothing in the previous post that should have incited you as it was not directed at any one person. The reference to "ain't" was that it is now acceptable, albeit poor, grammar in school.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just my $0.01

They must not teach etiquette in Texas given your terse (and poorly spelled) response. There was nothing in the previous post that should have incited you as it was not directed at any one person. The reference to "ain't" was that it is now acceptable, albeit poor, grammar in school.

Make that 2 personal spell checking b1tches. LMAO!!!!

How many *** English/Spelling teachers are on the board anyway? Don't you queens have anything better to do than correct spelling and grammar on message boards? Isn't there a "Cher" concert you should be attending? Isn't "Will and Grace" on? Keep ragging on Texas, Gomer. About 1/2 of the members on this board are Texans. Many top Viper tuners are in Texas. Don't mess with Texas.

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it yesterday, installed it in my car, and went for a drive today. I live out in the middle of nowhere so there really isn't much to interfere. While I was driving along all of a sudden a cop car passes me. The detector did not beep, flash, or anything. It acted as if nothing was there. I had it in the "L" mode, or advanced logic mode.
He may very well not have had his equipment on, or may not have had any equipment in the car. Not every cop carries radar.

And not too much reason have it on while driving anyway, as I understand it, they can measure speed when THEY are moving. I think the cops have to be setting still to have zero speed reference so they can measure your speed.<P>
Don't give up on the V1. I've paid for mine many times over....

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was looking for a dipstick, maybe a blond(e) one???

Plenty of blond dipsticks for you, dutchy. San Francisco has lots of 'em. Of course, you reside in the *** capital of the world, so just look outside. What do they call you in German? Hosengrabber? Fudgenpacker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960