drying

EMnuke123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it seems to me that drying the car after a wash has a huge potiential to create swirls and scraches. Does anyone use the AUTODRY thing where it filters the water so there are no impurities and you just let the water evaporate off the car? or is there anythin similar?

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think that would creat water marks. Ive heard of guys using leaf blowers or an air compressor with a trigger attachment to blow dry. I assume you have to do that in the cool and shade so the water doesnt dry too fast before you can blow it off :lmao:

:usa:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of a few that have said the Autodry works well. I wash my car inside the garage out of the sun and like Robziller said, use compressed air to assist with my microfiber drying towels.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it seems to me that drying the car after a wash has a huge potiential to create swirls and scraches. Does anyone use the AUTODRY thing where it filters the water so there are no impurities and you just let the water evaporate off the car? or is there anythin similar?

Sears Craftsman electric POS leaf blower here. MF towels in the hard to reach places.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i use a stihl electric leaf blower, then go over the whole car again with nice MF towels.

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EMnuke123-I found the best thing is never let the Viper get dirty enough to wash with water. Every other day (or as needed) use a detail spray with a micro cloth to keep that new look.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
EMnuke123-I found the best thing is never let the Viper get dirty enough to wash with water. Every other day (or as needed) use a detail spray with a micro cloth to keep that new look.

Bad idea imo.

1. Black & Decker rechargable leaf blower. (used only for the car)
2. Clean MF towels. (light pressure is a must when drying)
3. Compressed air for the tight areas like the door latches and lighting.
4. A proper paint sealant (wax or other) can go a long way towards never letting the PAINT come in contact with your towels. I have 4 or 5 good coats of Klasse paint sealant over my paint at any given time.

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i tried the leaf blower technique 2-3 times. works great. but, now i just keep the car clean and do a weekly spray detail.
therefore, i have a leaf blower for sale. it has only been used like i say 2-3 times. best offer plus shipping. located in no. calif.
ed

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use a leaf blower and then "the absorber". I use the absorber to soak up any remaining water by blotting or just laying it on the surface. It really works well, and by not dragging it along the paint there should be no new scratches.

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of a few that have said the Autodry works well. I wash my car inside the garage out of the sun and like Robziller said, use compressed air to assist with my microfiber drying towels.

I suppose you are referring to Mr. Clean Autodry. It does work but is a bit costly.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a dark colored car I would useCRSpotless.com - Wash, Rinse, and Walk Away it will leave virtually no water marks if used inside or when there is no wind.When done rinsing use the hose with no tip to sheet as much of the water off,Then use a quality micro fiber to lightly drag across paint.I have a sapphire car and keep it swirl free this way.For the love of pete if your car is dark colored do not do a quick detail on a dusty car thats a sure way to scratch

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CRSpotless works awesome but very expensive. Mr Clean does not work nearly as good and is a waste IMHO.

I use a leaf blower and soft waffle weave.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many washes can you get out of the CR spotless?

Depends on your water quality.

It is best to get a small electric power washer and use it with that to minimize the water use.

I calculated it would cost me approx .20 to .25 a gallon for the cartridges but the flip side to this is you can wash your car in full sun and get no water spots and do not have to dry.

My driveway is sunny most of the time so I need to wash in early morning or late afternoon if it is not a cloudy day which is a big inconvenience. Between the CRSpotless and a power washer it would be close to a $500 initial investment, this is why I still wash in the evening. :dunno: :lmao:

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on your water quality.

It is best to get a small electric power washer and use it with that to minimize the water use.

I calculated it would cost me approx .20 to .25 a gallon for the cartridges but the flip side to this is you can wash your car in full sun and get no water spots and do not have to dry.

My driveway is sunny most of the time so I need to wash in early morning or late afternoon if it is not a cloudy day which is a big inconvenience. Between the CRSpotless and a power washer it would be close to a $500 initial investment, this is why I still wash in the evening. :dunno: :lmao:
I'm sold. I purchased the CRSpotless system from Costco. Should arrive this Friday. Does anybody have suggestion on mounting this thing? (Valve placement)

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have super hard water here....after washing the car, I use distilled water from WalMart and a plastic garden sprayer to spray the entire car of existing hard water. I can do my Excursion with less than 1 gallon of distilled water. Viper takes less than half a gallon to do. Costs less than a dollar a gallon and I aways keep 3 or 4 gallon jugs on hand. This gets rid of the hard water and pencils out much cheaper than the CR Spotless type systems. (the harder the water, the sooner you need recharges)

I use a Makita handheld rechargeable leaf blower to blow out nooks and crannies and a soft MF towel if I need to have the car dry asap for detailing, etc.

Cheers,
George

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CR spotless is the systems that I like. But the MR Clean comes up on Woot every now and then for 3.99 gun and two filters. You can buy as many as you want. Much cheaper then the CR beads and dealing with low pressure.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's exactly what I use. I put quick connects in the filter housing so I can disconnect when "super clean" water isn't needed. (Sprayng garage floor etc.) Filters last longer too. The good ones aren't cheap.

I also use these filters to clean the water for watering plants...
Removes harmful chlorine, chemicals etc. I use the quick connects/filters at the hose faucet.

WORKS GREAT...:D

**You can get the same filter set up at Home Depot or Lowes for $40 + filter**

"GOLDCUP" mentioned one of the best tricks for waterspots.
"Sheeting" with the hose works great. Especially on a clean car. After this technique, the few water drops that remain are blown off by my "blaster" car vac/blow dryer.

I virtually do not need a MF towel to dry my car.
(I have witnesses...:dunno:)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly what I use. I put quick connects in the filter housing so I can disconnect when "super clean" water isn't needed. (Sprayng garage floor etc.) Filters last longer too. The good ones aren't cheap.

I also use these filters to clean the water for watering plants...
Removes harmful chlorine, chemicals etc. I use the quick connects/filters at the hose faucet.

WORKS GREAT...:D

**You can get the same filter set up at Home Depot or Lowes for $40 + filter**

"GOLDCUP" mentioned one of the best tricks for waterspots.
"Sheeting" with the hose works great. Especially on a clean car. After this technique, the few water drops that remain are blown off by my "blaster" car vac/blow dryer.

I virtually do not need a MF towel to dry my car.
(I have witnesses...:dunno:)

trust me- tree has the hot set-up, he will hook u up with all the correct details on what and what not----

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang