Dvd changer/10 disc cd changer/ 6 disc cd changer?????

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone have the part numbers for these items? I'm really interested in the dvd changer but can't seem to find it anywhere....no one seems to know the part number. Need something that will work with my rb1 thats supposed to be here soon. Is it possible to get an aftermarket cd changer to work with this unit? I want something that will fit under the seat or behind it. Not in the trunk.

Also for those that have it please leave some feedback on where you installed it and how you like it.

Ricky

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a 6 disc changer from Dan. Works great with the RB1. You will love the RB1, makes the interior look lots classier. I will try to find my bill for the part number.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vincent...Where did you mount it? I heard theres no space under the seat...is this true? I don't want to mount in the trunk!

DSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a 4 disc changer in my srt-10. Its made by mopar. It plugged in directly into the rb-1 and I installed it under my drivers seat. Ill try to get you the part number.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DSI,
Is there reasonable access to insert the cd's etc? Please do provide the model number! Thanks.
Ricky

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed the Pioneer AVIC-N2 DVD/GPS nav system and then a six cd changer on the floor behind the drivers seat.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maveric I was planning on going with an afermarket setup at first but then I thought I'd stic withthe factory look! That must be a nice setup though. The n1 was an awesome unit...I heard its next to impossible to by-pass the switch to watch videos while you drive on the n2.

Anyways onto the task at hand...Do you know if the factory 6 disc it the same size? Do you keep your seat all the way back? Thanks

Ricky

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Rick,

I will get you the picture today. The seat is back all the way against the unit. If I need to put disc in, I pull it back. I haven't even had the time to screw it in place. With the seat all the way back, the changer is "in place" with no place to go. :) ) I am very happy with the changer.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't there someone who made a thread about installing his dvd-changer and iPod in his SRT-10 :p ?

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't there someone who made a thread about installing his dvd-changer and iPod in his SRT-10 :p ?

There was but he hasn't responded to my e-mails and no one seems to know which dvd changer he used to do the install. (According to one source chrysler makes a few of them)

Ricky

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There was but he hasn't responded to my e-mails and no one seems to know which dvd changer he used to do the install. (According to one source chrysler makes a few of them)

Ricky

Well then you'll have to find the thread with the pictures and browse every and all manufacturer website for the right stuff ;) I did so too with the Pioneer unit that I wanted for my car (but unfortunately still can't afford :( )...

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They all look the same....One person says one will work the next says it won't. I'm waiting for Dan (Final GTS) to get an ipod solution going! If it does that will be awesome its going to be good quality stuff!!!!

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ricky I do keep the seat all the way back... and there isn't any way that I know of to watch dvds while you drive (not that I would want to)

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ricky, I just got home from a 12 hour work day, I am sorry I did not get a chance to take a picture yet, but I will do that tomorrow. Basically the unit is little smaller than an 8x10 sheet of paper and about 2 inches thick. It sits flat behind the passenger seat. I pull the seat back all the way which basically "lock" the unit in place. It can't move anywhere. If I need to put a cd in, or like yesterday when I went out to take a look at the model number for you, I move the seat back up and lift it out. The wiring harness that Dan sent with the unit is very very long, and so I was able to lift it all the way up to eye level. When I'm done, tie the harness back, and put it flat back on the carpet, pull the seat back and I'm done. The install was a breeze.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vincent, thats alright about the picture whenever you get some time it would be great! Did you have to take the seat out to do the install? I am actually hoping and waiting for Dan's ipod solution. If that works that would be best. Do you think you would upgrade or does the cd changer work well enough for your to keep it?
Ricky

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Ricky,

I never had an Ipod, and only listen to a very limited amount of music from when I grew up (80's); thus, for me, it is enough. However, if you are like some of my friends with many gigs of music, I would think you would do better to wait for Dan's ipod solution. From what I heard, it is very soon on the horizon. If I had a lot of music, I would wait for it. By the way, you will be VERY happy with the corsa.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky, DVD changer is the best (and the only) way to go if you want Ipod with RB1. RB1 has specific interface and that's why other Ipod/cd changer interfaces would not work. RB1 was made by alpine and screwed up by dodge. I wouldn't count on 3rd party ipod solution for RB1 any time soon. DVD changer (6x) is from Chrysler Pacifica, new one will run around $600 (?), I bought mine from ebay for $275. The cable is too short so you will end up extending it. Look up my thread for the install instructions. The whole setup works ok with one specific - when there is a silence between the songs the AUX in interface drops the connection and if you have cd in the changer you will hear that song until following song from ipod starts. If you have no cd in the changer then you will just hear the silence until the next song. There is some work around but I did not have time to explore this.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dvd changer you used...is the model number: 82208272?? Also does the dvd changer play songs off dvds? For example if I burn a dvd the same matter I would burn an audio cd (audio dvd i guess) would that work??

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME! I can't wait to hear the update on that one (as you defenetly know by now!) :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4