Dyno Results

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok took my 05 vert to a local dyno and hit about 460 rwhp and 497 tq with only k&n air intake / filters and corsa exhaust. On only 15% comes out to 541 hp at crank and 585 tq. If you calc 17% I'm at 554 hp and 599 tq, we'll just call it 600 for grins ;)

Also my air / fuel ratio is wack. It started off at 15 or just a tad below at very low rpms 2k, 13.8 at 3k rpms, 13.1 at 3500 rpms, 12.1 at 4k, 11.4 at 4500rpm, 11.1 at 5k rpm, 11.3 at 5500 rpm, and 10.6 at 6k and 10.1 at 6100rpm :omg:

I'm guessing its cause I got more air coming in via intake and going out faster via corsa exhaust. I also plan on going from 4 cats to 2 cats very soon via hi flow cats, or removing all cats completely.

I just bought the SCT hand held programmer from ROE today, they advertise 30 rwhp and 35, and they emailed me and said as long as the car has no engine problems I should get those results. I think I should or even more cause of how rich I'm running at 5-6k rpms. I'm on vacation for 10 days so I wont get the programmer til I get back, then I'm gonna redyno and show you guys the graphs, hopefully I'll get 30+ hp.

Hopefully with the handheld programmer and and hi flow cats I can hit 500 rwhp and 540 tq or at crank close to 600 hp and 640 tq.

I'm getting the itch and cant decide if I want to wait a year for 08 prices to come down and get an 08 with full belanger kit and have 675 hp at crank or supercharge the car I got now. Just worried about things breaking and the problems that could come with supercharging. You guys having fequent problems little things here and there?

What other kinda upgrades besides super/turbos. I seen partsrack has an underdrive pully whats that good for 5-10 hp?
Also been thinking about stoptech rotors saving the 32lbs of unsprung weight which seems to be alot, and if I upgrade to an 08 I can take them off and put them on the 08 and put the stock rotors back on the old one.

What should the A/F ratios be through those upper RPMS on my graphs? What do you guys think of my graphs?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images
[[

Last edited:

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll be happy with the SCT tuner. It will help you get your A/F and timing right. Saw those HP gains with my Paxton SC and Corsa--682 rwhp & 650 TQ. Reccomend a Paxton now!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car stock was same way, I dyno'd 466 rwhp with corsa and hi flow cats. But was REAL rich. I sent my computer to DC Perf. and they did a tune and it picked up 30+rwhp/rwtq thru the mid range. But you wont see all that at peak. You may pick up another 10-15 or so rwhp with a tune, but were you really see the gains is the usable mid range. I doubt you will reach 500 rwhp without doin headers along with your list of mods.

Reaction score
The dyno sheet states he was using a corection factor of 1.04??? that would suggest much lower crank numbers to me. The removal of the cats although very popular have proven in my testing just recently to gain 30 ftlbs at 2500 but loose 40 ftlbs by 4500 compared to stock. I just don't see the need IMHO.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark what about going with 2 high flow cats instead of the four stock ones...

The dyno sheet states he was using a corection factor of 1.04??? that would suggest much lower crank numbers to me. The removal of the cats although very popular have proven in my testing just recently to gain 30 ftlbs at 2500 but loose 40 ftlbs by 4500 compared to stock. I just don't see the need IMHO.

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shouldn't removing cats or going from 4 cats to 2 hi flow cats be adding hp and tq as your just deleting more piping and letting air flow faster?

Reaction score
Mark what about going with 2 high flow cats instead of the four stock ones...

That's what we did, I would suspect the no cat version would be worse but may actually gain hp on top but who really drives up there much? I would rather have some midrange grunt where I drive most of the time but that's me.

Race cars need open exhaust for the power they make up at the top when running. Street cars can use the BP to create torque? I'm no engineer but that is what happens on the dyno we use and we see the same results when the car is S/C.

I could be wrong and if I am then someone will post and "correct" my thinking I'm sure, remember this is just one shops observation. Peak numbers mean nothing in real world driving unless they occur where you drive in the rpm range. I have seen import turbo cars make 1100 plus on a dyno but they make NOTHING till 6500 RPM. It is all in what you want.

Thanks,

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I had hi flow cats and ILLSMOQ had no cats, he walked me. His dyno graph made more power and torque then mine everywhere. So as loud as it is, NO cats make more power on these cars. Though Im tired of the noise and going to put 2 cats back in, even though I know Ill be losing a little power.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark do you have dyno numbers to prove your thought? I am currently debating high flow cats now as Roe just came out with high flow cat and flex pipe setup. I wont both if i am going to lose some mid range.

That's what we did, I would suspect the no cat version would be worse but may actually gain hp on top but who really drives up there much? I would rather have some midrange grunt where I drive most of the time but that's me.

Race cars need open exhaust for the power they make up at the top when running. Street cars can use the BP to create torque? I'm no engineer but that is what happens on the dyno we use and we see the same results when the car is S/C.

I could be wrong and if I am then someone will post and "correct" my thinking I'm sure, remember this is just one shops observation. Peak numbers mean nothing in real world driving unless they occur where you drive in the rpm range. I have seen import turbo cars make 1100 plus on a dyno but they make NOTHING till 6500 RPM. It is all in what you want.

Thanks,

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
instead of a cat, can you install a small muffler ? wonder what difference THAT would make. i bet it would flow more and last longer too

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well no actually I sent the sct tuner back because I ordered a supercharger and you need a different tuner. I ordered different parts from roe racing, and am going with a sct tune from DC tune installed by woodhouse. I will post dyno results when I get it back end of next week but I won't be able to tell you how much hp is gained by it cause the supercharger and dc sct tune is all being done at the same time.

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hoping to have 650+ rwhp and 750 - 800 flywheel horsepower when it comes back from woodhouse. (although woodhouse has a mustang dyno I believe and the numbers will show less but you can still easily equate them to what they really are)

Will have the supercharger, delete 2 cats, dc tune, 170 thermostat, corsa exhaust, and ps2s. I'll be much more proud of those number than the ones before ;)

Thinking about chaning my license plate to "750 HP" but "800 HP" sounds alot better I think hehe ;)

Also I'll have a full k&n intake for sale thats only been used for a few months when it comes back. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh