Eibachs and Koni adjustment

petegtsv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 GTS that I track at Road America and Gingerman. It has Eibachs and Kumho's. I left the factory Koni's at their stock settings and have been reasonably pleased with that setup. Can anyone give me an idea of a better setting to complement the springs I have? Also, how do I change the Koni settings?

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Springs require a gizmo to compress them to remove them. To adjust the factory Konis, they have to be off the car and that requires the gizmo to compress the springs. If you are going to adjust the Konis, increasing the rebound force (that's the only adjustment available on the stock dampers)will give you a tighter suspension feel - - but it will increase your chances of bottoming out on bumpy turns etc. due to a symptom called "jacking down." Do not confuse this symptom with what you might do while viewing the new Swimsuit Issue !

OP
OP
P

petegtsv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the install of the springs myself, so I know about the gizmo. I don't recall needing to compress coilovers to remove from car. Can I adjust Koni's with springs still on them? I'm looking for an initial "ballpark" setting to work better with the Eibachs.

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had the Eibachs placed on my 98 GTS. While being done at Finish Line they also adjusted my shocks to a firmer setting. The ride difference is amazing. The car is much more responsive at turn in and the rear end follows much better than before. The car has only been on the street but I couldn't imagine tracking it with the stock setup now that I've had them adjusted..

I also have to mention -- Tom at Finish Line was amazing. He installed the Eibach's, adjusted the shocks (1 1/4 turn at all corners), and re-installed my swaybar -- all in an hour and forty five while I waited... Price $120 -- It's great to have a viper tech who really knows the car, no viper tax here..

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure which it is but I know they don't have the full adjustability of the ACR shocks..

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all stock shocks are adjustable, its just a rebound adjustment and the spring must be removed to do it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang