Emblems Poll on a '03 Viper Red SRT10 Vert....Help a brother out please......

Best option for modding emblems on my '03 Viper Red Vert.....

• Leave stock (body color on sides and bumper)

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Silver on sides (body color on rear bumper)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Black on sides (body color on rear bumper)

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Silver on sides and rear bumper

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Black on sides and rear bumper

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I'm falling and can't get up--too many options:)

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brothers/Sisters,
Contemplating modding the stock emblems on my '03 Viper Red SRT10 Vert. OEM emblems on side and rear bumper are (body-color). Think Dodge went to silver in '06.

Yes, before I get pile-drived, I did do a search, but just saw lots of silver emblems on various cars, no black, etc......

Thank you and your feedback is much appreciated....Here's a pic of my car. (Of course, if you have pictures of your car--please post---I know we all love posting pictures of our cars anyway:)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have silver on the sides and rear for the Viper emblems, but the Dodge lettering remains in body color. Really pops in silver IMO.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black side emblems on a red car bring out the black roof. I left the rear emblems alone. You throw silver on there, now your at 3 different colors, to much if you ask me. Keep it simple..

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all. As the saying goes, "post em' if you got em' ...Pictures that is......... Love to see what the different combinations look like......Especially if you have a Viper Red with silver and/or black ones.....

Thanks again. Interesting responses.....different feedback than I'd thought I'd get......Guess that's why we take polls:) ..........Unless it is a CNN or MSNBC ones:)........

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 08 with silver and I'm not a fan of it, I'd prefer body color.

My opinion isn't up there on my plan B. I'd say body color with stock wheels. If you did black wheels then I think black emblems could be cool.

Dave.

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks --- I like it...Think the black emblems on the side, look very good with a Viper Red with black wheels..........Now, Just need to see a Viper Red vert with silver.........Now I got to get those wheels too .....damn:)

Trade me your stock set up for mine :)

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have silver on the sides and rear for the Viper emblems, but the Dodge lettering remains in body color. Really pops in silver IMO.
This is what I have (but deleted Dodge from rear). I think the Silver/Chrome Lettering really Highlights the Aluminum/Chrome wheels, NOW if you have Black Wheels then go with the Black Lettering! jmo

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I have (but deleted Dodge from rear). I think the Silver/Chrome Lettering really Highlights the Aluminum/Chrome wheels, NOW if you have Black Wheels then go with the Black Lettering! jmo

Thanks Marshall (Gunsmoke fan).....I'll let the poll run a little longer....Can't make up my damn mind---leaning silver on the sides....... Poll results look like a union steward vote at this point:)

iownedu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All black. Tint the windows, slightly tint the headlights and tailights, and get some wheels with black on them.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you know I like the black and red look.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very happy with my black side emblems. You can tell a mile away what the car is...

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you know I like the black and red look.

Thanks All. Yes Pedro, I knew you were a closet Red Raider (black/red) fan!! I go back and forth. With top down, silver side emblems pick up the silver/match the OEM wheels.....Top Up, black emblems probably the way to go as they pick up the black top...........I'm falling and I can't get up:) Who am I to contradict the SRT designers....(ok, 2 words...door regulators)

I'll hold off ordering parts until I see a few more Vipers in person---which as you know short of Cars and Coffee is a little tough to do........ Like a bigfoot sighting.....

Thanks again ALL for the input/feedback!

Garron, please send me some pics of your ride with the black emblems....Muchos Gracias from the Lone Star State.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh the humanity of it. The silver vs. black emblem saga continues...Opinions welcomed....Pics below....Staying with polished alum OEM wheels....

Steve737

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the same car and I'm changing mine to chrome sides. I'm just not sure about the ones on the rear bumper. I'm leaning toward no emblems on back.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's really a function of what wheels you'd like to go with, as the wheels make a bigger first impression than the emblem(s). I used to be a big fan of silver/chrome six spokes on a red SRT and was determined to get that combo, but instead ended up buying a red SRT with black wheels (FrgMstr's former car). The red/black two-tone combo really cleans up the car, especially given the black top, IMO. So in my particular case black side embelms look like the only option.

IMG_19852.jpg

As for the rear emblems, I think painting them black (or any other color different from body color) would make them look too much like bumper stickers (rear looking a bit too busy).

Given that you've settled on polished alum OEM wheels, there's no getting around the 3-color combo with the top up (unless you get a red hardtop), so I'd vote silver sides, body color rears.

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's really a function of what wheels you'd like to go with, as the wheels make a bigger first impression than the emblem(s). I used to be a big fan of silver/chrome six spokes on a red SRT and was determined to get that combo, but instead ended up buying a red SRT with black wheels (FrgMstr's former car). The red/black two-tone combo really cleans up the car, especially given the black top, IMO. So in my particular case black side embelms look like the only option.

IMG_19852.jpg

As for the rear emblems, I think painting them black (or any other color different from body color) would make them look too much like bumper stickers (rear looking a bit too busy).

Given that you've settled on polished alum OEM wheels, there's no getting around the 3-color combo with the top up (unless you get a red hardtop), so I'd vote silver sides, body color rears.

Well written---thank you. This really helped between your picture and rationale......Think you're right. It really comes down to wheel choice to drive the decision. Since I love the polished aluminum 'viper' (OEMs), I am leaning heavily toward the silver emblems. If I had black wheels, seems a no-brainer, black emblems. Thanks again. FrgMstr is a good guy! I see you've 'straightened' out his old ride so to speak.......added the emblem back on the front bumper too!

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well written---thank you. This really helped between your picture and rationale......Think you're right. It really comes down to wheel choice to drive the decision. Since I love the polished aluminum 'viper' (OEMs), I am leaning heavily toward the silver emblems. If I had black wheels, seems a no-brainer, black emblems. Thanks again. FrgMstr is a good guy! I see you've 'straightened' out his old ride so to speak.......added the emblem back on the front bumper too!

Thanks, Texas! Good luck with your choice! The good thing is that if you end up not liking the end result, it's relatively inexpensive to go back or try another color. Congratulations on a beautiful clean looking ride.

And yes, good eye. The only aesthetic point of disagreement between Kyle and me is apparently that front emblem. I'm looking to get back to the '08+ hood and slightly tinted headlights that this car used to have, maybe over this winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang