Engine Code 14

SethViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I am having the every presant engine code problems.
I have a 1994 viper. The code i throw is 14. Systoms are while driving and idle it is fine. Then when i get in the the gas to go fast the rpms studder and then backfire. happens at about 3k rpms. then viper runs like trash and starts missing. So then i shut car off or it dies, start up and hard engine light is on. but runs ok, still cant stomp on it. After it sits awhile car will start like normal and start said process all over again. I had my dad take it to the dealership while i was out of town they said it ran fine and had no codes. (anyways no faith in any dealers here in columbus). Can anyone offer help?

code14* MAP sensor voltage below .16V or over 4.96V

How can I fix this!! Thanks for the help- Seth Shawger

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy a new MAP sensor and replace it. It's really easy to do. The MAP sensor is located on top/rear of the intake manefold, on the drivers side. It's a simple black box with a 3 wire connector on the back. More than likely, it went out so just replace it. The symptons your car is producing point to that as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SethViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks everyone. I am going to go with the map sensor route. I have a busy day tomorrow, I am home on leave from iraq trying to make time for seeing all the family. I will try and call you tomorrow tator thanks alot!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks everyone. I am going to go with the map sensor route. I have a busy day tomorrow, I am home on leave from iraq trying to make time for seeing all the family. I will try and call you tomorrow tator thanks alot!

Bless you for your service...we ALL I know thank you most sincerely. Hope you enjoy your time home with your family...you CANNOT GO WRONG CALLING CHUCK~!!!! He WILL help you~! GOOD LUCK...keep us posted...and GodSpeed. :usa::usa: ~juli
**ANYTIME Chuck :D:2tu:**

OP
OP
S

SethViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the ARMY, Ft. Bragg paratrooper. I am in the 18th Airborn corp.

Right now i am just south of columbus, oh. Ashville is where i am. Thanks for the support!!

OP
OP
S

SethViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is running great!! Thanks to all that posted. I reset the pcu. Then I looked at the map sensor and tapped on it shook it alittle then drove the car for and 30 mins then, I did some WOT pulls and it ran great. Not sure why but It is. Thanks again it all!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seth: Glad it all worked out for ya! That's one problem you don't wanna have when you are enjoying your time back here in the States...can't thank you enough for your service:usa::usa::2tu:...juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth