Engine coolant flush question???

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, now that I got my new radiator hose and most of the coolant dumped on the floor while changing it out, I'm thinking I may as well do a complete flush of the old coolant.

My question is how do I get the old coolant trapped inside the engine block the easiest way, and also what is the best way to drain the coolant out of the radiator without having to take the front of the car off to get to the drain plug knowing Dodge.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To drain the coolant in the block you'll have to get under the engine block. There are two coolant drain plugs located on each side of the block.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, that's what I was hoping for.
I'm thinking this will drain the coolant inside the engine as well?

I would drain the radiator by way of taking the lower hose off and it WILL NOT drain the motor! You'll need to remove the two drain plugs on the block to get all of you coolant out of your motor!

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To drain the coolant in the block you'll have to get under the engine block. There are two coolant drain plugs located on each side of the block.

I would drain the radiator by way of taking the lower hose off and it WILL NOT drain the motor! You'll need to remove the two drain plugs on the block to get all of you coolant out of your motor!

Are these 2 plugs easy to locate, and what is needed to untighten them?
Thanx.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic showing the drain plug from underneath the block:
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, I pussed out and bought 2 gallons of Prestone and dropped the car off at the dealership and they hit me for $70 bucks to do a coolant system flush.

The only thing that ***** is I missed out on all that coolant that I usually dump down the snake and rat holes in my yard.