Enough about PartsRack already!

Tim Purtell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Enough about PartsRack Already!

Is anyone else sick to death about all the positive spam out there on JonB and PartsRack? Sure, I have used them 7 times over the last year and will continue to do so. Yes, they have quoted me lower prices than ordering straight from the manufacturer on 2 separate occassions. Sure, they have great communication and do follow up with 3rd party suppliers better than anyone else I have worked with. True – Jon has very good recommendations about what products to use and what the honest plusses and minus’s are associated with each of them. Yes, he is extremely generous with information – especially for newbies. I agree that he has steered me to quality used parts (At a big savings) when he could have easily sold me on new ones ….

But is anyone else tired about hearing all the praise? I am waiting for another vendor to step up and be this knowledgeable, for their follow up to be as good, for their product line up to be as extensive and for them to be as value conscious on my behalf … I’m just waiting … anyone … anyone???

I can’t wait to start buying from someone else!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little known secret about Jon is that he not only sells Viper stuff, but he buys it also.

If you want to buy some new wheels, he may also buy your old ones.

If you have extra Viper stuff laying around it is often worth while to give Jon a call. He makes markets for lots of Viper stuff.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can’t wait to start buying from someone else!

TIM!! Who else could almost instantly link you to 2 of 700 pages in SCCA GCRs so you can go racing ?!? Nobody on Flea-bay! If I was not munching Fritos with one hand, I would have been FASTER.

Thanks for the er, um, 'kind' words.............

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look here, until someone steps up and can compete with JonB the positive praise is going to continue. By the look of this economic forecast it is going to be a long long time until anyone comes close to doing what PartsRack does for the viper community.

There are several smaller companies/vendor who specialize in different specific areas. I take nothing away from them. Jon is the King Kong, The Don, or whatever name you choose to dub him with.

This community is for members and even enthusiasts to share experiences, knowledge, and ideas. If someone wants to praise Jon who are you to say enough is enough. In the future you can treat positive posts about PartsRack like I treated the Politics 101 threads: Ignore them if you don't like them.

Keep on rockin' Jon! :headbang:

:usa:

OP
OP
T

Tim Purtell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rob - read a little closer - I am a huge fan of Jon!!!! Just trying to compliment him in a different way!!! I agree - he rocks!!!

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone can sell parts. I'll admit my first experience with JonB (7 years ago) was not great. He has really been more welcoming and assumed the role of advocate of not just his current client base, but newer Viper owners as well. I recommend him withouth reservation.

Competition is wonderful when it is needed to spur improvement and competitive pricing. JonB has both done in spades and any vendor would be hard pressed to match his level of knowledge and willingness to help.

I say keep the love fest coming and spread the word. ViperNation is grateful.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still say Jon is bad for business......his own business:D If only he could figure out how to charge for advice:smirk:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon ( ole buddy) You have always done me right. I understand there are several vendors that sell Parts and yes some good ones also but, your still #1 . Advice to VCA members should always be free. Good things go full circle.