EPA asks Auto makers to End Horsepower War

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The horsepower war is something that should always live in the auto industry. It's what brings customers into dealerships. They can have a "cleanest car" war, but horsepower is what sells cars. Always has, always will.

If this "cleanest car war" should happen, I say we take this Margo person and have a "who can drink the most beer" contest, or get my friends and make it a GREEN war.

Apologies for this post.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount of extra fuel these cars use is insignificant to the problem.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem is that some people feel they need control over everyone else. They wish to push their choices onto everyone else. To hell with them. You don't see me telling everyone that they have to drive a Viper. Most people should never drive a Viper. I live in the mountains where crosswinds would blow a 'smartcar' right off the road. Imagine hitting a Deer or Moose in a 'smartcar'?

If she thinks she should drive a slug/smartcar, I have no problem with that, unless she wants to come to my area where it's too dangerous. I don't tell others not to drive their SUVs. Drive what's best for you and stay out of my business! Vipers get great mileage compared to real SUVs (not city Hondas) and they want to attack my car? Retards!

Ted

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Asking them to do that is like asking little boys to stop shooting squirrels with BB guns, because it's really really wrong. The little boys would like to listen to you, but they're just having so much DAMN FUN!!!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount of extra fuel these cars use is insignificant to the problem.

Ding, ding, ding... give this man a prize. If the OE's couldn't absorb the high HP cars into their CAFE numbers don't you think they would have turned it down a long time ago? Remember the anemic '70s? The public couldn't afford gas and high HP was out of fashion. When the new CAFE numbers start taking affect in a few years you can bet the HP wars will end. Then the next war will start with Hybrid and electric power wars. Excitement sells.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Margo,
Hope your using rechargeable batteries in your vibrator:spank:

It's busted, that might be the problem. We need to send her a Viper-Powered unit. Too bad she doesn't realize that the Viper gets better gas mileage than some of the huge SUV's out there. The EPA has more important and more pressing issues to worry about rather than the HP war which in the overall scheme of things is insignificant to her cause.

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no problem with making Domestic Cars more fuel efficient, but leave sport cars alone!

I don't even understand why two seater sports cars are not given an exception to the Cafe rules!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was chatting with my kid this weekend and he was pointing out the record temperatures this winter and that they really contradict the "global warming" hysteria. Being old and not believing what some college kid tells me, I looked it up. Hmmm...

Forget global warming: Welcome to the new Ice Age

Oh, and an open letter recently sent to the UN Secretary-General from numerous leading scientists and climatologists from around the world:

Don't fight, adapt

Of course Margo has an engineering degree but nothing in climatology or anything close. And while she drives a Prius personally, she reports that the family cars and what her husband drives are BMW's. Sigh...

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One cannot make any conclusions on one data point. If you look at the "trend" over the past few hundred years one data point of this past year is just a small blip that may be an anomaly. From what I gathered a symptom of global warming is wild temperature fluctuations. So there will be years of extreme cold and extreme hot. But the overall "trend" is still warming.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery