Equal Time...Who Are The Oldest Viper Owners?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I we're going to ask for the youngest, then as per AARP rules, we should also ask who are the older/oldest Viper owners. :D

I will start as I am very proud of my age vs looking much younger (due almost entirely to my mom's genes). I'm 62, retired from the corporate world and happy to have done so.:D I have a much younger wife...yay me!:headbang:

So, I figure the average age of Viper owners is somewhere in the 30-40 range.

So, how old is old???

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. I do think, in large part, that the reason the average age of a Viper owner has dropped is due to the poor resale value (hence lower prices) caused by the bad economy in '09.

For me, doesn't matter, as I enjoy the car regardless! Of course, if I get too old and can't get in and out of it then that might be a different issue! I can then admire it...oh, unless I have cataracts and can't actually see the car! :lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with ya man....I tend to just fall into the car...just seems easier that way!:D Bought a used crane to get me out!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, been there too...have total hip replacement on the right side, had mine at 59. Left side is starting to hurt now, but surgeon says don't need surgery, just getting old! :(

I too would like to see age breakdown.

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 66 and retired , but have only owned a Viper for 4 years. It should be able to keep me feeling a lot younger for many more years. I plan to drive it another 20 years if I can keep healthy enough.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read recently the average age of ownership is 45, so I'm 3 years late to the party but, Damn is it fun :headbang: I also saw average the income is 175k, so I better stop typing and get back to work :crazy2: I believe all of these stats were in a recent Viper Mag?

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 67 (and three weeks). No problem getting in and out of my GTS. I also have 66 Cobra that I built in 92 that keeps me in shape in the spring and fall when I have the top on.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave, couldn't quite make out what that was...old eyes you know. It does look a lot like your last dyno chart! :)

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 47, but once I'm in that driver's seat about 15 of those years drop right off me. Which is good: any younger than that and I'd have put this thing in a wall already...

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave, couldn't quite make out what that was...old eyes you know. It does look a lot like your last dump chart!:eater:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Vipuronr,

thr, bad eyes, twice posting syndrome and still got the young wife, i'd say that is success :2tu:

:eater:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey wait....I thought yellow Viper owners couldn't make comments ...too slow to post!:D

Yup, young wife and double posts....allows me to say "did we do that already, I don't remember...can we do it again"???:2tu:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last track day a few years back I saw a man well into his 80's driving the hell out of a newer lambo with a very cute 40 year old Blonde attatched to his hip. As I slowly faced the mirror and cried that night I vowed that I would one day were those shoes.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last track day a few years back I saw a man well into his 80's driving the hell out of a newer lambo with a very cute 40 year old Blonde attatched to his hip. As I slowly faced the mirror and cried that night I vowed that I would one day were those shoes.

Sure your wife appreciates your long term strategic plan lol.

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how we have two threads covering the same subject. Reading through them it seems a lot of the older guys are getting all weird about the young that own Vipers.

I couldnt care less how in fact they got to drive a car like this at around 20 years old. Old money, Silver spoon, Gifts from parents that should know better, borrowed money over their heads.....who cares. Why let it bother you.

There is one really cool thing that seems to get lost in the age battle.

Here we have a car that appeals to a 20 year old as much as a 65 year old...and all ages inbetween. A dream car for young and old. How many cars...really, can match that description and that can actually be purchased by all age groups yet still be as rare as it is. Goes to show how well Dodge did when creating this car.

I for one think the spread in age is great. Not many things in life that we can share, be passionate about and see 'eye to eye ' on at all these different ages.

I got mine for my 48th birthday and it was worth the wait.

Matt

Last edited:

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldnt care less how in fact they got to drive a car like this at around 20 years old. Old money, Silver spoon, Gifts from parents that should know better, borrowed money over their heads, busted their ass throughout highschool/college, saved a considerable amount of money and scored a job making a lot more than the average college grad.....who cares. Why let it bother you.

Make sure to cover all your bases ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang