Equal Time...Who Are The Oldest Viper Owners?

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure to cover all your bases ;)

....and as I said. I couldnt care less what YOU did and how did it, to get your Viper.

If I have to 'cover all my bases' this will obviously be a really long post, considering all possible scenarios, and you are completely missing the point.

Matt

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer to your question is those who feel the oldest. For those over sixty with spouses 40 years old or less, the technical term for such a spouse is "Widow or Widower in Training". LQ.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Commando...speaking for myself, it doesn't matter how old a Viper owner is or how they get there. Its a priviledge to own a car like this no matter what age. If you read my posts, I am not saying anything about the younger owners, on the contrary, I'm just making fun of myself...the exception being to make fun of Dave a little! :D

As for widow in training, I'm in as good a physical shape as my wife and we are both pretty active...so not sure who will outlive who! For me its 62 + 38 + two great kids + Viper = one truly great life!

And, FLATOUT, she just laughs at me when I discuss "that" strategy! :)

I was just curious what ages the older users are...that was the only reason for the thread!:dunno:

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....and as I said. I couldnt care less what YOU did and how did it, to get your Viper.

If I have to 'cover all my bases' this will obviously be a really long post, considering all possible scenarios, and you are completely missing the point.

Matt

Matt, my post was in jest, I figured the wink face would illustrate that.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:2tu: 60 & still kicking. I've owned & built many cars, but the Viper is & always will be my favorite.:headbang: When I cruise with friends that are driving their Corvettes,Porche's,Ferrari's or whatever,I'm the happiest in the group.:drive::drive::drive::drive:

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm Not Trying To Talk Shiit, But I Know I Won't Be Able To Get In And Out Of This Car In My 50s!

You Will Be Suprised! If There Is A Will (car Nut) There Is A Way. I Am 68 & I Don't Have Any Problem Getting In Or Out Of My 2008 Viper Acr.

In Fact I Have An Deposit On The New 2013 Viper:)

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Commando...speaking for myself, it doesn't matter how old a Viper owner is or how they get there. Its a priviledge to own a car like this no matter what age. If you read my posts, I am not saying anything about the younger owners, on the contrary, I'm just making fun of myself...the exception being to make fun of Dave a little! :D

:

Vipuronr...wasnt really talking about your post. I noticed more comments on the other thread, that the younger guys started, but didnt want to make a post on both...seemed redundant

Matt

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No flame intended. I am 13 years older than my wife. It is a standing bit of black humor that I use. The fact is that when I am 80, she will be 67. When you are 80, your wife will be 56. Unless medical science drastically changes and improves, and assuming our respective younger wives are healthy, they will, more probably than not, be widows considerably longer than a wife who is married to someone closer to her age. It's just reality and the way it is and no amount of exercise or wishing will change it. None of us ever get a day back. Postponing what can be reasonably and prudently afforded and done today is a fools game. We all end up being but one rain drop in an ocean of time. Bottom line. Those who can prudently and reasonably afford a Viper who are out there waiting to buy a Viper until the Gen V comes out are fools. Buy one now. There may not be a tomorrow.

As for widow in training, I'm in as good a physical shape as my wife and we are both pretty active...so not sure who will outlive who! For me its 62 + 38 + two great kids + Viper = one truly great life!

And, FLATOUT, she just laughs at me when I discuss "that" strategy! :)

I was just curious what ages the older users are...that was the only reason for the thread!:dunno:

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True that Bobpantax, I lost my wife almost 4 yrs ago. It takes some life altering moment to realize that life is too short and live for today....hence the reason I got my VIPER last yr at 47 yrs old. Why wait for tomorrow what you can do today !!!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know....young, old, doesn't matter...its all about the car, plain and simple. If you can afford it, then enjoy it!

I know about the reality of age, but in my family we have longevity...my dad passed at 86, but my mom lived until she was 100!

It is what it is, so I live the best I can while I can!

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I will say is 17 years ago when I bought my first Viper I was 37:) Back in the day, there was only a handful of posters on here, Jon B, me and a few others

There was only one forum and continuous rolling threads--some days I miss that....

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your wife, Golfer...but the point is well taken!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No flame intended. I am 13 years older than my wife. It is a standing bit of black humor that I use. The fact is that when I am 80, she will be 67. When you are 80, your wife will be 56. Unless medical science drastically changes and improves, and assuming our respective younger wives are healthy, they will, more probably than not, be widows considerably longer than a wife who is married to someone closer to her age. It's just reality and the way it is and no amount of exercise or wishing will change it. None of us ever get a day back. Postponing what can be reasonably and prudently afforded and done today is a fools game. We all end up being but one rain drop in an ocean of time. Bottom line. Those who can prudently and reasonably afford a Viper who are out there waiting to buy a Viper until the Gen V comes out are fools. Buy one now. There may not be a tomorrow.

hey bob, i said essentially the same thing 3 times yesterday (to different people), :omg:

are you stalking me :dunno:

You must be registered for see images

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how we have two threads covering the same subject. Reading through them it seems a lot of the older guys are getting all weird about the young that own Vipers.

There is one really cool thing that seems to get lost in the age battle.

Here we have a car that appeals to a 20 year old as much as a 65 year old...and all ages inbetween. A dream car for young and old. How many cars...really, can match that description and that can actually be purchased by all age groups yet still be as rare as it is. Goes to show how well Dodge did when creating this car.

I for one think the spread in age is great. Not many things in life that we can share, be passionate about and see 'eye to eye ' on at all these different ages.

I got mine for my 48th birthday and it was worth the wait.

Matt

Matt i understand your point very clear and i like it. The corvettes are nice and all but its just not for me. Theres four vette owners in my family and they are all older. My dad being the oldest at 62 actually loves my viper more than his vette and wishes he could trade his c5 in for a viper but he doesnt have the finances to do so. Point being to most of my friends and i a corvette is a mid life crisis purchase and a viper is a buy while im young and drive it until im to old to walk purchase. I Love the rarity of the viper over any other car where i can get supercar performance for 1/4 the price of another car in its class.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swivel for the RT seat...that's funny. I'm spoiled, I would need one with 6-way power - turns left/right, moves up/down and of course, vibrates at two speeds! Oh, but I guess that would have to go with the power seat the car doesn't have!

Hey, there's a great option for the Gen V...goes with automatic and cruise control!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be interesting to get statistics from the VCA, though not sure they collect age info. Otherwise, could post a poll and see what comes up. Don't know if that has been done before.:dunno:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine at 41.
My better half is 5 years older than me.

Jeez.....am *I* in the wrong thread.
:D :D :D

Hey Dave, couldn't quite make out what that was...old eyes you know. It does look a lot like your last dyno chart! :)
BWAHAHAHAHA!
It'd probably look considerably different if it weren't for the white vents. :)

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 64, and don't feel any different than the time I've got my Challenger in 1972 :drive:.The Viper is lower and the door is smaller but it's still easy to get in and out of.

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had mine for 4.5 yrs and I am turning 38 this year. Guess I must be doing something wrong as my wife hits the big 40 this year, so I am the baby. Seems like all the rest of you are going the other way in spousal years. That's okay, my wife is a real doll and my best friend. We have been married for 8 years and still haven't had a "real" argument. Hell, I even tried to push it just to have make-up sex but she wasn't buying it. Ha! Ha! Oh well, I would sooner have a track experience as opposed to quarter mile. In it for the long distance.

Now if I could just get her to learn how to drive a manual?

J ACR2000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought mine in 01 53000 mileslater I turned the big 70 in january. Always drove Mopars

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it true you can't trust a fart after 50?
I'm almost there and don't want to have an accident in my Viper.
I could never forgive myself.