Exhuast - Check engine light

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I teamed up with Apex Motorsports several weeks ago, we have been working on a number of products and performance packages. Stay tuned for upcoming annoucements!!

In the meantime, we have developed a module that seems cure the 2 BIG ISSUES that GEN II cars experience when upgrading exhaust systems and removing cats:

1) 1996+ cars experience a 'surging' under light-medium throttle when cats are removed. This is now CURED!

2)1998+ cars experience periodic to constant SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT* when cats are removed. This is CURED too!! (*this cures the 'cat failure' code, not the 'pre-cat warm-up' code. We have another fix for that.)

So far we have tested it on a few different cars with GREAT results!

Even on the most picky of PCMs: I have been driving my 2001 with headers and exhaust and NO CATS for several hundred miles. NO SURGING and NO LIGHT!

Contact me via e-mail privately or call Wayne at 408.562.1000 for more details.
Thanks!

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Murphy would have it, my engine light came on for the first time on the morning of the MW renezvous. 3000 miles on the Belanger headered 2000 GTS. O2 sensor came up on the scan. The code was cleared and i got thru the weekend without a light. With hot humid air and poor launch technique i ran 12.8/114's.
On the way back home (highway) i got 20 mph. Am I possibly running in the 'safe' mode based on these numbers? Or does rich running conditions turn on only when the light is on?
Hope the BOX cures this. I hate lites on the dash
frown.gif

kernie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the mopar (borla I think) performance
headers and exhaust installed on my GTS. I
haven't seen a check engine light yet.