FASTER YET [email protected] 11.4'S? TIME SLIP PIC

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FASTER YET [email protected] 11.4\'S? TIME SLIP PIC

i raced my car last night at cecil county dragway. due to the large turnout and
minor mechanical problem ( blew out thermostat housing gasket, new-defective )
i was only able to do one run. had i been able to do a second run i feel i would have
been in the high 11.4's. this being viper #4 its the fastest viper i
have owned, i really am pleasantly surprised at the times the car is running with
only having tubes, filters and mopar exhaust. also VIPERJOHN ran his car last
night, i'll let him post his times. making it to the track as well KNIGHTVIPER
now are official photographer along with his 8 year old daughter SARA, thanks for
your help and support at the track. :2tu:

***tubes,filters,mopar exhaust - stock tires***

my car #001 right hand lane

604120060425_0111-med.JPG

6041DRAG_RACING_11514_12002DR_APRIL_26_2006-med.jpg

tom

and guess who this is below, HUGE HINT - this is him running last night at cecil :D

604120060425_0108-med.JPG

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: FASTER YET [email protected] 11.4\'S? TIME SLIP PIC

....and what engine work have you done to your car to make that spectacular pass?

WOW!

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

....and what engine work have you done to your car to make that spectacular pass?

WOW!

absolutely nothing has been modded to my car, its just a rocketship. i'm still
trying to find out if this is the fastest times ran for a stock gen II. i also
dont think a stock gen I or gen III have run faster then this. anybody want to
race me on PINKS. :D LOL J/K

tom

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sooo, we can assume you did not run against the yellow Z? Which I presume to be Rangers? What did he run?
For what it's worth I seem to remember back 4-5 years ago the fastest Gen 2 time was run by a GTS at Englishtown. It was around 11.88 I also seem to remember it was run by Evan somebody who is a known Mustang guy, maybe a magazine guy and he borrowed sombody elses GTS to do it. Anybody else remember that? Anyhoo, I have never heard of a time that fast without spray on a stock motor.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sooo, we can assume you did not run against the yellow Z? Which I presume to be Rangers? What did he run?
For what it's worth I seem to remember back 4-5 years ago the fastest Gen 2 time was run by a GTS at Englishtown. It was around 11.88 I also seem to remember it was run by Evan somebody who is a known Mustang guy, maybe a magazine guy and he borrowed sombody elses GTS to do it. Anybody else remember that? Anyhoo, I have never heard of a time that fast without spray on a stock motor.

LEE, THAT CERTAIN GUY W/GTS ALSO HAD DRAG RADIALS ON THAT RUN OF 11.88 :D

ALSO LEE YOU BETTER GO SEE YOUR EYE DOCTOR :hitfan: LOOK AT THE PIC OF THE
YELLOW CAR. DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU JUST CALLED A VIPER,LMAO - WE WILL NEVER LET
YOU LIVE THIS ONE DOWN. :bonker: :nono: :D

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be one heck of a driver! Congrats!

thanks for the compliment :2tu: i have figured out how to get the car out of
the hole, which makes a ton of difference. check the 60' times of 1.6, thats huge
in drag racing.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom the funny thing is I bet if you pulled all the mods you have off the car it would run the identical times. I have seen a dozen 2000+ viper on the dyno and catback exhaust and air filters make an extra 5rwhp if you are lucky.

Nice run, and lets see the 11.40 already.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Actually the 11.98 (yes, 11.98) was documented in GM High Tech Performance Magazine, as it was run against a Z06 (that ran an incredible 12.5... a benchmark at the time). It was 90 degrees+ and 90% humidity at the time. It was in my STOCK 2000 GTS Black/Silver.

Evan is a professional test driver, and an amazing driver.

He also ran a published 11.76 if I'm not mistaken, and that was run with a 2000 RT/10 and documented, I think, in Mopar Muscle magazine.

Yes WANTED, if this is truly a STOCK RT/10 (no tubes, no K&N's, no performance exhaust, stock cats..... I believe you've set a record!!!!!! Congrats!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ummmm, eye Doctor??!! Better check your reading comprehension skills, I called the yellow car a Z! By the way, call me, I need to talk about some club bidness.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ummmm, eye Doctor??!! Better check your reading comprehension skills, I called the yellow car a Z! By the way, call me, I need to talk about some club bidness.

the yellow car in the pic above LEE is a viper :bonker: , no other then VIPERJOHN in his YELLOW 2002 rt/10 :2tu:

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Tom,
Once again you ran and awesome time and kept to your instrument like consistency, I wish I could have stayed long enough to see it but I was thrilled to see John run and meet Mike yet another fellow Viper owner. Keep up the good work, have an grand vacation and maybe I can have my car done by the time you return and we can all 'run' together! KUDOS my friend :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc