Fastest Cream Puff - 10.08 1/4 mile

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have the "Fastest and quickest Creampuff" now. (Completely strock Cast piston motor, with well balanced bolt-ons)

60 Ft 1.554
330 ft 4.345
1/8 6.598
MPH 107.07
1000 ft 8.510
1/4 Mile 143.44 MPH

I also ran 10.13, 10.15, 10.18, (10.52 Off the bottle)

First run of the day did'nt have my shift lite, hit the rev limiter in 3rd, but went 6.53 @ 112.5 mph in the 1/8, ended up being a 10.15 pass at 138 mph, that probably would have been a 9 second pass if I hadn't hit the limiter.

Fried the clutch yesterday in the street tire deal, so I couldn't launch over 3500 rpm. Cut a 10.56 @139mph on the pilots yesterday, just didn't do it when I needed to.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Nice! I guess if you don't detonate, the cast pistons work ok. You water inject?

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Nice! I guess if you don't detonate, the cast pistons work ok. You water inject?

I think the trick with the cast pistons is the tunning, the tunning, and the tunning. Also, doing things in moderation, small boost (6.5 psi) small shot of nitrous (70 hp). The nitrous acts more like an intercooler than a major power adder, it helps the blower do its job. Yes I do have a water / **** kit for added security.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to show all the other Creampuffs are the baddest one in the World....

Cudaman :usa:

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the trick with the cast pistons is the tunning, the tunning, and the tunning. Also, doing things in moderation, small boost (6.5 psi) small shot of nitrous (70 hp

Do you really expect me to believe you do 143 mph with a 70 shot and 6.5# pulley?
Since when does that combination give you 800 rwhp?

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is great!! Iive been hearing about your car. Congrats. That gives me something to shoot for, as I have the same setup.

I hope V10TT is a friend, and is cutting up with you.
Otherwise he is a moran.

Congratulations again,
BLWNV10

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
John, its always a pleasure to see you and run with you. I am so impressed with the way your car runs and how well you drive it. Thanks for the advise on the 70 shot, I just may go for it so I can try to hang with you. Great time in Florida.
And yes V10TT, I was there and saw the runs, and we have the same model car and tuner, his car is as he says.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Do you really expect me to believe you do 143 mph with a 70 shot and 6.5# pulley?
Since when does that combination give you 800 rwhp?

[/QUOTE]

NO, it yields 735 RWHP and 890 Torque at the wheels. Those cast pistons would not hold up if I was spraying more or boosting more. I trapped 142-143 all day. Could care less if you believe me or not, there were plenty of Viper racers there that day seeing it.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there, and I saw you run. No issue with your TRACK numbers, but I dont believe you do that on a 70 shot.
I got a good friend with the same set up, TUNED by the same guy, and I know what he has, what he runs, and HE saw your dyno graph....
6.5 # pulley on a Roe blower and a "70 shot" will not get you 143 mph traps....
Maybe you should give Cudaman some pointers....
Peace out!

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there, and I saw you run. No issue with your TRACK numbers, but I dont believe you do that on a 70 shot.
I got a good friend with the same set up, TUNED by the same guy, and I know what he has, what he runs, and HE saw your dyno graph....
6.5 # pulley on a Roe blower and a "70 shot" will not get you 143 mph traps....
Maybe you should give Cudaman some pointers....
Peace out!

sounds like a ringer. No offense but 6.5 psi won't get you much over 600RWHP on a Roe blower with head work and all. What are your dyno numbers off the bottle? You would have to be making 720RWHP or so off the bottle to be running those traps with a 70 shot. I run 10psi and a 200 shot and did 142, granted my heads are stock and I dont have upgraded roller rockers but still.. seems like the numbers don't jive IMO. Then again maybe my car is weak?? :confused: Larry told me the numbers I ran were good for my mods.

I run a 200 NOS shot, which is smaller than a 200NX shot, NX rates their HP at the wheel while NOS rates them at the crank, I don't see 730RWHP bringing 143MPH in a full weight Viper either, maybe I'm wrong, my car made 620RWHP on the blower and I'm running twin 55 NOS pills (200 shot) and ran 142.. I would be surprised if the 200 shot only brought me 115RWHP, it certainly feels much stronger than that but I never dyno'd it. Do you know what size NOS jet you're running? It might be larger than you think. :2tu:

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
This thread took a different turn then I thought, A lot of people questioning the set-up of the car. The car makes 735 hp and 890 ish torque it has always been tunned on the same Dyno and by the same Person, Larry Macedo. I know there are other cars with 10 lbs pulleys, 150-200 shots of nitrous, propane etc, that are not even making 800 hp, some of it's tunning, and some of it is what the stock Gen II Viper head can flow, this is what these guys are missing. I bet if they drop back to an 8lb pulley, less nitrous, they will make the same power maybe even more. It is not about dumping big power adders on the car, it is about making the combination of power adders work well together, and Larry Macedo has masterfully done this. Is there a chance that Larry Macedo jetted me up a little, maybe. But he would not have gone up much, may 75-90 shot, when I brought the car in this summer I wanted a water **** kit installed, the 7 lb pulley and 70 shot of N2O. Larry cut the pulley backed to 6.5 lb as he did'nt like th AF and he did not see much gain. I can get about 10 passes out the bottle, if I was blowing a 150-200 shot, what would I get 3 maybe 4 passes?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who has the fastest Cream Puff RT/10 (yours is a GTS), and what are the times?

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Who has the fastest Cream Puff RT/10 (yours is a GTS), and what are the times?

JDWAG, RT10 ran 10.19 @135 ish last year at Bradenton. Heads and cam car, stock pistons, with a 150 shot of N2O I think.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang