Fat Albert motor for 18K plus exchange...???

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the classifieds - there looks to be a 800 (at crank) motor for 18,000 dollars. Plus you need to ship him another motor.

Can someone please tell me why its that much? A stock displacement motor with strykers can nearly make this. Or maybe it can...

What am I missing? Dry sump? What?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Building an engine out of top-tier parts will easily set you back that amount in parts/machining alone, let alone the labor to put it all together correctly. It is extremely easy to sink over 50 hours into a professional engine build, not including any R&D on the system or kinks along the way. These engines arent "slap together and hope" jobs in most cases, they are too expensive if they go south to do that.

While I certainly wont pretend to know exactly what is done/in their build, it certainly could be the case. I have built Viper engines that FAAAR exceed 18,000.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fatty builds some seriously high performance motors.

He has a good reputation, and been around for years.

Sometimes it is not just the HP number that should be looked at, but the amount of miles it will preform at those levels.

Probably worth the money.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's a N/A 800HP Gen 2. :2tu:

Thats why it's a bit more than a "slap a ROE on it 800HP" motor.

Stock Gen 2 with ANY heads will NEVER do 800HP.... Not even close.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I looked at one car that was built by SVS and made to stay "safe" with as much as 1,000hp. The engine only dyno'd 545rwhp as it was built for a Roe sc that wasn't installed. His invoice was for over $18,000. It doesn't take much. I built a 450hp 360 for my Demon a couple years ago and parts cost was $8,000 plus another $1,000 for machine work. I blueprinted the engine myself or that would have been another $1,000. It doesn't take much nowadays.

Ted

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack but I have a nice built spare motor that is about to go in the classified for less than 1/2 of what FatAl wants for his. Let me know if interested!

JD

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wish I could have bought that motor when mine pop'd. I would be going after TXWYD for the N/A record. Put a set of ported Stryker race heads and it'd be in the 825-850hp range. Sick N/A motor. My motor is a budget build compaired to that monster. I bet the throttle responce would be like my 06 R6.