Finally Changing Battery

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after 8+ years with the OEM battery (37k miles) I'm putting in a new Interstate MT- 78 this AM. Plannning a trip to Suffolk and I see the evening temps are getting in the 30's...so with a less than optimum battery and the security system on, I'd hate to have a dead snake in the early morning. I am noticing that the ROE fan kit is starting to drain the battery a bit more when it runs after I turn the engine off. It is cranking a lot slower when hot after the ROE fan kit has been running. $85.00 at the Base Exchange yesterday with no tax or core charge. I looked kinda funny carrying it on the commuter bus for the trip home yesterday!!

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not that crazy about Interstate batteries, I don't think they last as long, I think the Sears Die Hard is as good as any, just keep them fully charged and curious if the warranty on the Interstate is as good as a Die Hard ??...just my $.02

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to change my battery as well.... my car cranks and cranks and cranks (about 10-15 seconds before starting ) and someone said their car had the same symptom and it was the bat

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interstate was making the Diehard for sears for many years. Sears/Diehard had their own specs. The Diehard was their top rated battery. Not sure if interstate still makes them for Sears. Last I klnew they did.
:dunno:

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sears does make a 'gel' battery. Last tine I checked they were just over $200. Lot of money for a battery, but not that much more than an optima. Anyone who doesn't use a battery tender is asking for battery problems. MHO. Sounds like you got your moneys worth from your OEM battery. With that kind of battery life why did you choose to change brands?

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to change my battery as well.... my car cranks and cranks and cranks (about 10-15 seconds before starting ) and someone said their car had the same symptom and it was the bat

Your problem might not be the battery. Turn the key on for 5 seconds and the off, repeat 2 -3 times and then try to start it. If it fires right up the fuel pump check valve is allowing the fuel to drain back into the tank. My brothers Gen 1 did this.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. Get her running right before you head up here. Unfortunately I won't have my valve covers but I am hoping to have a day with no rain so I can get it shined up and take some great photos!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960