Finally Done!!! PICS of my 08

70cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, as some of you know I sold my 03 srt over the winter and bought a 2008 insurance car (passenger side light side swipe, mostly body panels, a few suspension components but no frame or structural). Did most of the work myself (except paint) with the help of a buddy. Got pretty much everything sorted out now except for a slight growl in the diff which I posted about in another thread (just put Ford friction modifier in based on advice from Unitrax and it improved but will be going to a OS Giken and 3.55s in the winter). Added mopar exhaust, 2 inch seat lowering kit, KWs, 360 Forged Split 6s, Euroteck rotors, etc. Big thanks to Jon B, Mark at Woodhouse, X2 builders and Andy Wheeler for their help and service. I'm happy with how the car turned out, ride height is the only thing up in the air right now. I think the front needs to come down a bit more or the back needs to go up but for now I'm just going to drive it and let the springs settle before I re-lower and realign it. Here's a few pics:

OP
OP

70cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, haven't posted any pics in a while, having trouble...

OP
OP

70cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a couple more, not the best pics but gives you the idea.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great buddy....glad you got it all worked out! I've been eyeing Spec Sixes for my new car too...

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have KW2 on mine and they dropped another 1/8" to 3/16" after a month of driving and a track day. Your stance looks great like this but with time they will drop a bit more.
Love your wheels !

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it too, glad the "restoration" worked out! These cars really do look great (and bad-a$$) lowered-- wish I could do mine, but with the crumbling local streets here, I'm not sure if I could pull it off and still have fun driving the beast. Broke a wheel and bubbled a tire in a *** hole on my previous sports car, and the tow truck guy was saying to me, "this happens all the time"... BTW, do you get any tire-to-fender contact with that set-up?

I'm a sucker for those types of rims, they kinda remind me of my old SSG GT3 wheels, only nicer (and w/6-spokes). I'm just not in the "all-black" wheel fan club, I guess... gotta have some bling and some polish, at least on the outer edge of the wheel, and those Split 6's contrast nicely with the black paint of the Viper.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow Man turned out great! Thanks for posting the pics, and I'll try to get them on our website! Also you were a fantastic customer to work with.

Thanks,

Andy Wheeler

OP
OP

70cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys, yeah i'm still not 100 percent happy with the stance but lke i said am not going to get too fussy until it settles, will probably drive it as is this summer, let it sit till the spring then relower and realign it. Also need to decide if this ride height or slightky lower is workable from a driveability standpoint. Sonoman, i do get a tiny it of rubbing on the rear inner liners, will have to see how it gies though, really havent driven it much since its been done. Andy if you want fullize pics i can email you a few.

Last edited:

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks fantastic! Hope you enjoy it every moment you can! Mine is slightly lower than yours and it scrapes all the time. I wouldn't go any lower than you have it!

F

FrgMstr

Good work on the restore and the look on the overall appearance. The choice of the brushed/polished hats on the rotors is what I think makes those wheels truly pop! Black or stock hats would have given the car a whole other look. The non-drilled/slotted rotors also really add to the look of the wheels as well. Kudos on the work and thanks for sharing.

OP
OP

70cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i may not lower the front but raise the rear a touch...also after a nightmare with my wetsand/polish i may break the car back down after the summer and repaint a different colour, maybe a custom orange with black stripes as thats what I was going to paint my 03. will have to see. thanks for the compliments guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4