Finally Dyno'd

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally Dyno\'d

Bought my '01 GTS ACR 3 weeks ago. I took it, this morning, to get it dyno'd. I am very happy with the results. I hope that I did the URL/image correctly below. If not, it dyno'd 430.9rwhp and 469.4rwtq! The pic did not come out very clear, but you should be able to make it out.

I been told I should submit pictures and I will tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Finally Dyno\'d

Thanks, to my knowledge its stock. That's the same question they asked me at the shop.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's not possible for a stock car to make numbers like that. If you don't believe me, just ask RussM!

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It's not possible for a stock car to make numbers like that. If you don't believe me, just ask RussM!

As far as I can tell the exhaust is stock, except the resonator has been removed. So, I'll have to go by the dyno. I had it dyno'd at LG motorsports. They're mainly a tuner for Corvettes. They were as surprised as I was with the final numbers. I bought the car with $11k miles on the odometer from Team Oakley auto sales in Dallas from Danny Baum. He seems to be very straight forward and I think well know with the Viper club in the area. I called him and asked if the car had be modified. He said not to his knowledge, other than the deletion of the resonators.

Wether stock or not, I'm very happy with the results! :)

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It does have smooth tubes and K&N that come stock on the ACR, although I don't think that is a huge power adder. The first pull was 421.5rwhp and they let the car cool for about 20 minutes and pulled again. I have seen an ACR dyno chart for 422rwph with the same setup. Honestly, I did not expect the car to dyno that well.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LMAO

thats 3 now Carrot me, you and now another in the 430ish range and im sure there more but its impossible.

He dien't mean anything by that its just that Russ said that no stock viper dyno's at 430 or so and we were tellin him he was wrong.

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

LMAO

thats 3 now Carrot me, you and now another in the 430ish range and im sure there more but its impossible.

He dien't mean anything by that its just that Russ said that no stock viper dyno's at 430 or so and we were tellin him he was wrong.

Thanks for the inside info. I was starting to second guess the chart. I had dyno'd my Vette at the same shop, they have racing team and are reputable. I also dyno'd the Vette at 21st Century Muscle cars (a authorized/licensed Lingenfelter shop) and received the same numbers as LG Motorsports. So, in short, I felt the dyno was accurate. Good to know that the Cobra isn't the only underrated car out there! :2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yea mine dyno'd 434ish bone stock and Carrots did just about the same or I think he had a hair more then me.

So I am sure your dyno is accurate.

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

yea mine dyno'd 434ish bone stock and Carrots did just about the same or I think he had a hair more then me.

So I am sure your dyno is accurate.

Thanks for the validation. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinusbeats