Finally found a perfect head unit!

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally found a perfect head unit and didn't have to pay a fortune! I got tired of making CD's, i cant drive a car without my ipod!

I really wanted to get a double din custom installed, but every shop i spoke to wanted to charge me $500+ just for the labor of custom cutting/installing a double din.

One shop showed me this model and its like if it was made just for the viper!

The screen goes down, not up! so it dosn't cover the AC vents and it dosn't block the ac controls under it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Its made by power acoustics.

It was only $350!

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is there a rear aux connection port on it that would allow you to run the wire to the glove box instead of the center console? and it looks like there is a large amount of gap cover on the front face, do you have a picture of it in the closed position?

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it touch screen? I have had issues with some of the touch screen interfaces before where the GUI buttons are too small and it makes it very difficult to use the controls while driving.

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah its touch screen.

I dont mind the cable. I usually plug it into my iphone either way so i always need my phone at hand.

Im not sure if there is an aux in the rear.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can you charge the iphone thru the cable while its plugged in to the head unit ? that would be kool if so

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope =/

It came with a mini-usb to ipod adapter, but it only charges the ipod, it didn't work with the iphone/itouch.

viper emil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it doesn't fold down/collapse into the head unit? It's always sticking out like that?

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Head? Who said head?

RD

p.s. Isn't there a cable that will connect the ipod to the RB1?

05SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the iPod interface cable in mine, and I can't imagine ever going back. It allows me to operate the iPod from the nav system, it displays title/artist/track, and it charges the little fellow too. Much cheaper than an elaborate new head unit. Going to get one in my wife's car next.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, have any of you considered the pioneer single DIN solution ?

The AVIC series has a roll-out/retractable LCD screen that is a functional touchscreen and DVD player big enough to read when the Navigation mode is operating. I have the older model AVIC-N3 installed in my Coupe. Love it.:D

I have complete control of the I-POD and when I am driving at excessively high speeds I can even watch a DVD. :rolaugh:

Not inexpensive though....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21