Finally getting the VIPER!

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unbelievable wait! Ever since the Vipers really started rolling out the doors in 93' I've dreamt and somewhat fantasized about owning one.

13 years later and a little gray showing, I finally am going to close the deal, you guys all helped reassure me of what I pretty much thought would be the ride of choice, a 98' RT/10.

I don't want to fully let the cat out of the bag just yet as you all are like inside traders here and will soon hear about it anyway.

One question for now and we'll save the rest for later, INSURANCE? who :confused: I'm in Florida and will probably only put 5000 miles on the car annually so who insures these demons of the street?

Thanks for directing to old threads or new providers. Dan

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your record is clean (at least for now!) check out Liberty Mutual, I get to drive it year round with full coverage for about $700. If you have tix its probably not an option.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
State Farm! You can limit the mileage, put it in hybernation during the winter months and they pay what they should.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the classicins.com is great b/c they allow you to put your own value on the car...im going to switch this year...but i have grange and the policy is for a little over $600 for the year...im over 30 and clean record!

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's good to shop around, and Hagerty also does agreed value. I sent them my appraisal for over $70K, even though they told me that I didn't need to in order to have the agreed-value policy.

Mike M

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
State Farm! You can limit the mileage, put it in hybernation during the winter months and they pay what they should.

This is who I use. Limited to 7500 miles, 34, clean record, multi car discount and home ins discount, $520 a year.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be glad you are not in Michigan. Clean record - multi car and still about $1500/yr. State Farm

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No ticky tickys in 5 years so I guess I get to investigate all options. Thanks for all the different choices.

On another note took the test drive this weekend, somebody should have told me once you hit 3rd gear and the roller coaster syndrome kicks in that there is no saying no to buying it!!!

SOLD! She comes home in two weeks or else I'm losing the Viper and my deposit. THAT AIN'T HAPPENEN GENTS! Wahoo, what a rush!

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too am buying a Viper this week and I am hunting for insurance. I tried what some on here recommended with www.classicins.com. My record is flawless, but they said that they will not insure a Viper unless you have a second classic car to insure as well. [******] those guys.

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB, that is a great rate for your lambo!

Hagerty has some of the best rates out there for the mileage you are asking for. I don't know if you can use Nationwide where you are at Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather