Finally!! My Silver 03 with new HREs and other mods ->>>

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are pics of my 03 with recent mods. i got it back in may from Woodhouse and it had great mods on it already (headwork, cams, headers, hf cats, 3.73s, etc). i had them install Moton Clubsports prior to shipping, just recently got my HREs (thx jonb), got some drilled rotors (r&j), and swapped over to red calipers (r&j) as well.

with the Motons and a nice set of rims, the gen3 really looks AWESOME. i never thought my srt would turn as many heads as my previous 97 B/W GTS, but its just as popular. i drive this thing everywhere and its so civilized, even with the mods. pics probably arent the best and dont really do the car justice...but ive got some hi-res ones. let me know what u think :laugh:

here are the specs on the tire/rim combo.

HRE 545R-series
charcoal centers (gunmetal)
19x10f and 20x13r
PZeros (285/30/19 and 345/25/20)

3044hre1_med-med.JPG

3044hre2_med-med.JPG

3044hre3_med-med.JPG

3044hre4_med-med.JPG

3044hre5_med-med.JPG

3044hre6_med-med.JPG

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking ride!I'd be interested to hear how the PZeros do compared to Michelins-would like to hear from you or anyone else who has made the switch.

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks amazing! I think those are my favorite style wheels for the SRT. Just the right number of spokes. Great looking car!

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking ride!I'd be interested to hear how the PZeros do compared to Michelins-would like to hear from you or anyone else who has made the switch.

I drove one with PZeros the other day, it didn't seem to track/follow road
groves like the stock Michelins, also seemed not to have as much road noise.
Now if I can find them in 18 and 19s.

Herc :usa:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am pretty sure a lot of the tracking/seeking problem can be attributed to the huge amount of weight the stock wheels and run flats have(gyroscopic effect)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You purchased new Brembo Calipers in order to get the Red look? Impressive.

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW PJB! Not quite the same looking SRT I saw a couple of weeks ago. Congrats!!! Looks awesome!!!

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what those wheels look like on a GTS or RT/10, anyone got pictures?

OP
OP
P

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all the comments :cool:

BLUESNAKE367/ViperD: : the stage 5 pkg claims +80-100hp from stock. prev owner has dyno sheets, but should be in the low 500's range at the wheels. plenty of power for me just cruisin' on nice days:)

ORANGESNAKE214: ride is great for having 19/20s. the motons help out a bit too though. havent really noticed too much tramlining.

NTIDOTE: lets g2g soon! r u still looking for a gen3?

Nader: calipers were on exchange basis

Ken Lally: i wrestled with black or charcoal for quite awhile. IMO, either would look great, but i like to SEE the spokes from afar. i just did not want anything shiny/chrome like the OEs. didnt weigh the rims, but ill try and find out. looks like you're local, maybe we can meet up soon.

venomblue550: thanks ron. let me know when u get the calipers.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Ken Lally: i wrestled with black or charcoal for quite awhile. IMO, either would look great, but i like to SEE the spokes from afar. i just did not want anything shiny/chrome like the OEs. didnt weigh the rims, but ill try and find out. looks like you're local, maybe we can meet up soon."

<font color="blue"> </font>

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ken Lally: i wrestled with black or charcoal for quite awhile. IMO, either would look great, but i like to SEE the spokes from afar. i just did not want anything shiny/chrome like the OEs. didnt weigh the rims, but ill try and find out. looks like you're local, maybe we can meet up soon.

Wierd- my comments did not show up in that last post :)
Anyway, yeah am in NOVA near Great Falls. Will be up at the local cruise-in tomorrow night after 7P (Chic-Filet/Home Depot parking lot, behind Dulles Town Mall), usually there are 2 or 3 Vipers, amonst the classics and sea of Vettes :)

Def, let's meet up..

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm planning on being at that cruise-in tonight. See you there!

Cool Ron- see you there (weather permitting), oh and it's actually a Lowes not Home Depot, if you have not been there before, it is a big cruise-in (bigger than Manassas), it is late in the season now so I have no clue what the turnout might be tonight, but it's close to home for me...

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been there before. I don't think it's bigger than the cruise-in at the Burger King in Manassas, though. Glad to see you're up and around after your injury!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant