Finally, taking wheels off the easy way

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never found the wheel removal, especially the rear ones an easy process, due to no clearance between the calipers, rotors and wheels.
Now, with the stud extenders, it is super easy and quick, with no towels needed to wrap calipers in fear of banging them up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Great help when dropping wheels for suspension adjustments.

The extenders are super high quality, more like jewelery, you can finger tighten them, with no need for anything else.

Super cool. Kudos to Fred from reverselogic for following up on request and making them within a few days.:drive:

Last edited:

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont get it? I read the post about those, but got the impression that like BMW's Vipers have lug bolts instead of nuts, but i clearly see studs on yours?

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They use studs and lug nuts, just like the pick up truck. BMW uses bolts. The extenders simply thread on the existing studs. When you are done, all you do is unscrew them and replace them with lug nuts. They clear the stud holes in the wheels and are very strong. You can just hang a wheel on them.
and the wheel will not hit against the rotor or caliper.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw the forum ad for those from reverselogic. I had not seen a product like that before. They seem like an excellent idea , especially for people that are picky about keeping their wheels pristine, especially expensive aftermarket wheels.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw the forum ad for those from reverselogic. I had not seen a product like that before. They seem like an excellent idea , especially for people that are picky about keeping their wheels pristine, especially expensive aftermarket wheels.
It is a great idea, rear wheels are PIA to take off without banging anything up. Fred is pretty cool guy, making them so long and with the internall thread and then making sure they clear the lug holes in the wheel is not easy at all. He needed some convincing regarding the length but he got it done. This is one big headache less.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This seems like an answer to a question nobody has ever asked.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
ViperJeff--
Thanks for the info--just ordered a set. After I got my 2016 ACR I was concerned about the close tolerances between the rim and caliber--even the '05 and '10 are hard for me (I'm 71) to hold the wheel up and carefully to engage the lugs. Hopefully these extenders will work well.
Thanks Jeff for all that you do!! Especially enjoy the Trivia and the Viper Registry. Now all I have to do is redo my Avitar photo to include the ACR--then send all the vin's to you with photos to include with the registry. Not at all sure how to get a photo from my camera into the Avitar to update.
Thanks again--Dave

Brass Monkey ACR E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks PeterMJ and Viper Jeff
Always had that problem with wheels on and off hitting calipers and rotors
Just ordered 2 sets

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 sets
You and others are very welcome. Glad to contribute something to viper community, even though it took some serious convincing to have Fred make them after making sure they fit and are long enough to be effective for the rear wheels.

Brass Monkey ACR E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Already contacted Fred sure he will feel better when he starts selling more
You thought of this?
If yes you should have PATENT it

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
ViperJeff--
Thanks for the info--just ordered a set. After I got my 2016 ACR I was concerned about the close tolerances between the rim and caliber--even the '05 and '10 are hard for me (I'm 71) to hold the wheel up and carefully to engage the lugs. Hopefully these extenders will work well.
Thanks Jeff for all that you do!! Especially enjoy the Trivia and the Viper Registry. Now all I have to do is redo my Avitar photo to include the ACR--then send all the vin's to you with photos to include with the registry. Not at all sure how to get a photo from my camera into the Avitar to update.
Thanks again--Dave

Just ordered 2 sets

All the thanks go to Fred at Reverse Logic

Thanks Fred

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
ViperJeff--
Thanks again--Dave

Email the picture to me @ [email protected] and I can update your Avi

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You thought of this?

The wheel studs for Mustang and Viper have the same thread, I simply asked him to make them much longer to make them work on Viper's rear wheels. Fred deserves all the credit for pulling it off and then going out of his way to come up with design specific for the extenders that are longer than any others he makes (they have to be very strong to support the weight of the rear wheels, without excessive flex and without cracking). There is no way to get service like this from Chinese company and it seems only fitting that hand made American car gets some US hand made tools to go with it. When you see them, you will understand what I mean about the quality of these things, right down to the ends that are machined to accommodate wrench to tighten them (they finger tighten just fine).

Fred@ReverseLogic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reverse Logic has been selling male threaded lug guide tools for European vehicles since 2008. I started selling female threaded tools for other cars, specifically an M12x1.25 tool for the Nissan GT-R in 2014. Additional thread sizes, M12x1.5, 1/2"-20, and M14x1.5, were added to the product line in 2015. Initially, the female threaded tools were made to a length of 117mm which is the same as the male threaded tools offered for European cars. Corvette owners requested longer length tools and Reverse Logic responded by adding 200mm tools with the M12x1.5 and M12x1.25 thread sizes. PeterMJ requested an even longer tool for the Viper rear wheels. We had to tweak the design slightly to make the tool in the longer 250mm length with our equipment.

There are probably hundreds of manufacturers making the male threaded tools. These have been available for a long time. Many are low quality tools made in China with threads that don't pass a quality check with a Go/No-Go thread gauge. Any Patent (and there probably wasn't one) on the male threaded tools has long since expired. The female threaded tool does not pass the "Patent obviousness test". Even if it did, it would not make a difference since plenty of foreign manufacturers don't respect Patents anyway.
You thought of this?

Brass Monkey ACR E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred, Been on your site before never noticed this product before probably because I wasn't really looking for something like this
Like the race ramps, seen them many a times but didn't pay much attention to them. Now that I have a set I tell people about
how easy it is to get the car off the ground to put jack stands under the car
Thank you for a great product and listening to a concerned car enthusiast (PeterMJ) which one consist of many

xjbro4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi PeterMJ, I'm wondering if you'd let me interview you about your C7 Fiasco blog. Send me a PM please.

-DT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper