Finally- Took Delivery Yesterday!!!! (with pic)

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, exactly one month after ordering, one of the Woodhouse Delivery trucks pulled up with our long awaited RT/10! The delivery turned into a neighborhood event as people from our block gathered around to watch the car get unloaded.

It's is a '94 with 19k miles. The paint color is a custom red, as the previous owner didn't like the orange tint the factory red contained (point being, repaint due to owner preference, not an accident).

The car already had smooth tubes installed, along with a short shift kit and MGW shift knob. It has 18" wheels off a 2001. Also, a very nice Alpine head unit with an XM (Satellite Radio) Antenna already installed, with Focal 6.5 component speakers in the front... a nice surprise!! Now all I need is the JLs mini-subs to pop in back. :cool:

Car lurches a little in low gears at low RPMs, so thanks to this board I know that a throttle cable re-alignment is probably in order.

Only issues were an exhaust rattle that we're guessing developed during transit, as Bill P said he didn't notice it when he had the car (and it's very noticiable, even at idle). Bill said he'll take care of it though, so that's good. Also, no soft top! I guess I just assumed that one would be included, so I never specifically asked about it. But as I didn't see it in the trunk, I guess I'll be scouring the classifieds in the near future.

Here's a pic that I think does a good job of showing the uniqueness of the red... I really love the color.

You must be registered for see images

Thanks again to everyone on the board who helped me out in my quest, and thanks to Bill P for being as devoted (and anal :D ) as everyone said!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice color, You'll learn how to avoid the lurching with seat time as it's not always the TB's alignment.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man those 18's really wake up the car. And the color is great! You are in Philly and you have no top, which could get interesting with all the rain we are having. Even if it shows 10% rain you will have to play it safe. I hope to see you at some meets this year.

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gorgeous car,love the color!
I guess at 6'5" you find it just a little cramped in there.Enjoy the ride(neighbors must be jelaous or what)

S

SUN RA KAT

That is one great looking Viper! The new paint color is much better than the factory color - the previous owner should get hired to pick the colors for all of DC's new cars & trucks.

I'm 6'5" tall and even with the 2" seat lowering kit I couldn't fit in the RT-10 with the emergency folding top on so I got a GTS. May no rain ever fall upon your Viper when you're driving so you don't get a kink in your neck!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. Congrats.

I think the factory red is beautiful, but I'd like to see your 94 in person. I'll bet it looks great.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's beautiful!!

Be careful--red IS the fastest color :eek: :cool: :cool:

Bill

Uhhhhhh .... Ummmmmm .... Excuse me!? Don't make me call upon my fellow yellow brothers to join me in a chrous of "Hail to the Yellow Viper". :cool:

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet ride. Congratulations. What an exciting time!

Oh, and on the red issue - he said red is the fastest color, not red Vipers are the fastest Vipers. Heh-heh.

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks to me you have a roof and windows you really don't want. I'd be willing to trade my soft top for your windows! Sweet ride.

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Matt...that pic of you and Grace at her moms place looks almost surreal! Look at how the red just JUMPS off the screen at you! Simply beautiful. Hell, beautiful aint even a good enuf word for it!

Let us know the 'reactions' of your first test rides, ok? :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960