First Gen V vs Gen V race?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until someone has proof they are trying to sell this car as new with delivery miles only on it I think you all are being a bunch of piss ants :)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea...people need to chill out. The red demo cars are just that. DEMO CARS. They are meant to be shown to people, driven, etc. They may or may not be able/allowed to sell it as i remember one dealer telling me they werent told when they could sell it. TOMBALL dodge has a stellar reputation here on the boards and in the viper community. I'd buy a car from them without a problem.

Tomball Dodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would and have never ever taken someone else car out unless I was asked too. This car was sold before I even drove it and I was asked to take it out. We have 9 other Gen V's for sale in red identical to this launch car. However I will have a marketing car incoming and do plan on setting up track events with the car so people can see what these cars are capable of when and if some of you do track events.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would and have never ever taken someone else car out unless I was asked too. This car was sold before I even drove it and I was asked to take it out. We have 9 other Gen V's for sale in red identical to this launch car. However I will have a marketing car incoming and do plan on setting up track events with the car so people can see what these cars are capable of when and if some of you do track events.

Thanks for setting the record straight, it's funny how people love to jump to conclusions without knowing all of the facts

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow you lost me. Guy in the video says the car is for sale? Are you talking about the red or blue car?

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im with Maui on this one. I drive them hard after idling for a bit and 5-10 miles. My 08 ran hard! 11.19 @129mph in a completely 100% stock car. I ran it to red line after 5-10 miles. If your cars are slow its because you broke them in slow.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Just curious why you would say this then

http://youtu.be/lTr4ilZSiC8?t=1m52s

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he has 9 others JUST LIKE it for sale.

"Is that red viper still for sale I saw in the video online?"
"No, however I have another one that is brand new that is identical to it with delivery miles, would you like it?"

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is easy to tell who the racers are in this thread, vs the waxers. Ohhh poor thing hit the rev limiter, which is a safety device to prevent any damage from occurring. The car must be totaled out now.

You guys sound pathetic, is this a Corvette site? Last time I checked, the Viper was an overbuilt and stout piece of machinery, not a porcelain doll in a dress.

That being said, I DO have a car ordered from this dealership, and it WILL be driven like it is intended to be - hard.

Tony

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree on totaling this poor car out after touching the rev limiter. Scrap metal.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And when you sell your car are you going to let the next buyer know that you let anyone drive your car!!! Oh don't forget that you beat on it.

LOL, I have videos of the car being launched 7 times at the track, posted on this website. That same YouTube channel has videos of the car being street raced, not to mention ALL of the posts that have said I have auto-x'd the car, been to the road course, driven in rush hour traffic, and generally beaten on it every day of it's life for almost 48k miles.

You know WHY I have posted all that? Because there are idiots out there that think that it ruins the car, and I wanted to show you guys how stout these cars are. As far as me letting a future buyer know, check out my first post in this thread, when I was contemplating selling it. I have nothing to hide, and was always truthful about what I did with the car. I hope that when I pick up a Gen V, the selling dealer won't mind if I do donuts in the parking lot and go pro it to post up for everyone on VCA :rolaugh:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/649589-What-s-an-08-Viper-with-48-000-miles-worth

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bernie, this board has no sense of humor and is always looking for dealer conspiracy's. Plus everyone with an I-phone or video camera is an aspiring film producer looking for a story to get big youtube following (ask the cops). You missed a good marketing opportunity, look at how many who posted here didn't know who you were. Good selling and hope to see you again out here, Mike

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is easy to tell who the racers are in this thread, vs the waxers. Ohhh poor thing hit the rev limiter, which is a safety device to prevent any damage from occurring. The car must be totaled out now.

You guys sound pathetic, is this a Corvette site? Last time I checked, the Viper was an overbuilt and stout piece of machinery, not a porcelain doll in a dress.

That being said, I DO have a car ordered from this dealership, and it WILL be driven like it is intended to be - hard.

Tony

You make assumptions as to who races or actually uses their car, but are wrong. I don't think that you understand the point. When people buy a brand new car, they want it to be brand new, not raced or banged around by a dealer. Why is the plastic still covering the seats and steering wheel of the car Bernie was driving? Because people want a brand new car when they buy a brand new car. Once someone buys the car, they can decide how they want to break in the car and how to drive it.

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some of you guys are being a little ******* Bernie. If he has a new Viper for sale that was used for demo/marketing purposes and a prospective buyer is interested in that particular car, Bernie will voluntarily inform the prospective buyer where the miles came from and how is was driven during that time. If this is a concern, they can pass and buy another car. Bernie Katz from ViperExchange.com/Tomball Dodge is no ordinary car salesman. He is one of most honest and knowledgeable people I have ever met (for those on this board that know Bernie, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know). Before I signed the papers on my '09 Aero Coupe, Bernie pointed out a few blemishes on the hood that I missed (and I'm pretty good at finding stuff like that). Bernie would not let me buy the car that day. Instead, he paid a professional detailer $400 to fix the issue and the car was perfect when I picked it up. He did not have to do that, but he did. Bernie will not mislead anybody.......I rest my case.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You make assumptions as to who races or actually uses their car, but are wrong. I don't think that you understand the point. When people buy a brand new car, they want it to be brand new, not raced or banged around by a dealer. Why is the plastic still covering the seats and steering wheel of the car Bernie was driving? Because people want a brand new car when they buy a brand new car. Once someone buys the car, they can decide how they want to break in the car and how to drive it.

Bingo!!!! Received my wife's brand new 2013 porsche cayenne with $8000 in damage from the dealer!!! Repaired back too new want too buy it still has plastic on the seats!!!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, aren't we resolved on this? They posted it was actually a customers car and they were told to take it out, no issues. As I posted earlier the vid doesn't do a solid reputation vendor any favors in its appearance, but it's been explained. So we can back off viper exchange.

Now, those who want to bicker at each other for fun, have at it. As for Viper exchange, thnx for posting the clarification.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, aren't we resolved on this? They posted it was actually a customers car and they were told to take it out, no issues. As I posted earlier the vid doesn't do a solid reputation vendor any favors in its appearance, but it's been explained. So we can back off viper exchange.

Now, those who want to bicker at each other for fun, have at it. As for Viper exchange, thnx for posting the clarification.

I just don't understand how saying the car is for sale, then saying it was a customer's car who asked to take the car out and race it (what? lol) while retaining the plastic covering on everything and trailering it out (to keep the miles low) clarifies anything.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has 9 of those exact same cars. If you want the one that was raced, you'll have to contact the owner and beg him to sell it to you. It is internet famous, and all. Bernie might even autograph it for you, if you really want him to.

Easy there buddy. :rolaugh:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you guys are being a little ******* Bernie. If he has a new Viper for sale that was used for demo/marketing purposes and a prospective buyer is interested in that particular car, Bernie will voluntarily inform the prospective buyer where the miles came from and how is was driven during that time. If this is a concern, they can pass and buy another car. Bernie Katz from ViperExchange.com/Tomball Dodge is no ordinary car salesman. He is one of most honest and knowledgeable people I have ever met (for those on this board that know Bernie, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know). Before I signed the papers on my '09 Aero Coupe, Bernie pointed out a few blemishes on the hood that I missed (and I'm pretty good at finding stuff like that). Bernie would not let me buy the car that day. Instead, he paid a professional detailer $400 to fix the issue and the car was perfect when I picked it up. He did not have to do that, but he did. Bernie will not mislead anybody.......I rest my case.

This. My Gen V order is with Bernie and he has been completely open and easy to deal with. It's been Dodge...er...SRT that's been lame. Their lack of information regarding the delays has been a joke.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't understand how saying the car is for sale, then saying it was a customer's car who asked to take the car out and race it (what? lol) while retaining the plastic covering on everything and trailering it out (to keep the miles low) clarifies anything.

The video was filmed for marketing, pure and simple. It was viewed and shared by thousands of people. I was at the event, and even suggested the marketing angle to the parties involved. People are talking about the video and you still ponder the conspiracy theory daily in your mind. Mission accomplished.

The guy driving the blue car wasn't really the owner. He was a paid actor.

/conspiracy

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X2. Someone is not being straight on this one. It is either "for sale, for sale, for sale" like he says on the video or it is a customer's car.
Most manufacturers advise there is a break in period and some manufacturers have even used forums to deny warranty because proper break in was not followed.
It should be up to the customer who shells out the money to decide how to drive the car. I seriously doubt any salesman goes out and advises that the car has been raced on a racetrack before the potential client signs on the dotted line...

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is a dealer demo, with 300 miles on it, there is no problem. This is the type of car a dealership will be encouraged to give rides and drives to prospective buyers.

The rev limiter is there just for times like this. It will protect the engine from damage. It is a very soft limiter.

Driving a viper in a rolling start like this will cause no damage. (emotional issue was the rev limiter)

Lots of people buy dealer demo's, executive cars, prior track training cars, buy backs, rentals, etc. The price will reflect it's use by prior drivers.

If you want a unmolested car, you can also get those, but they cost just a bit more.

I took out a demo Tesla this afternoon, and drove it with enthusiasm. Someday it also will be sold. This is the nature of the auto business.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte