First of all I'm OK

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, I also am glad nobody was hurt. Bummer about the car. I'm in Pa and I guess I'll keep mine parked till the roads get warm. Note to self, get new tires this year. Mine are almost balled.

Hope everything works out for you.

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the accident. If your insurance doesn't total it it would be a great time to make it s street serpent.:1up:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Pete's permission.
Damage was worse than appears here. Camera phone pics.
Car facing south in northbound lane.

You must be registered for see images attach

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sad (funny thing) is I'm there while the tow truck guy is hooking up my car. Its in pieces. Every panel has tons of cracks. The tow truck guy puts his greasy hands on my car and all I can think of is "get your dirty hands off my car, now I need to clean it up!" The car is destroyed and I'm going to get microfiber towels to wipe my car. :bonker:

Lucky I stopped my urge

LOL...I would have done the same thing

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Pete's permission.
Damage was worse than appears here. Camera phone pics.
Car facing south in northbound lane.

It looks MUCH worse in person, the guard rail is hiding a ton of damage and all four wheels and tires are destroyed. The Rear wheels are busted, and that's just from a visual inspection.

t i t o

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to the FINE officer, I must be the WORST DRIVER ON EARTH. Made me feel real good while my $90K+ car is sitting in pieces.

It's hilarious the cop felt it was a good idea to give you the proverbial kick in the groin while you're down. Genius. I would have asked him what the point of his remark was.

PERMABEAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you're O.K.. I agree with those saying it was probably the runcraps that were the problem especially since 2 GTSs travelled the same ground before you without a problem.

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Pete,
Gald to hear you are ok. A car is a car and can be replaced....It was a nice one......
See you soon, if I can be of help call me.
Frank

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cars are always replaceable, but people aren't....happy your OK and also the girl in the Jeep. Keep us informed when you find out what the ins. co. is going to do!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont worry man...I did the same thing to my 99 rt10 a year ago...Car was totalled and my insurance gave me 41K for the car ( pretty much top dollar for a 99 RT10 )...I then rebought the car from the insurance company and sold it two days later...All in all I ended up putting 10 grand in the savings and getting a 2003 SRT10

So it was a win/win situation for me...

I suspect that insurance will gice you top dollar for the car in acordance with Kelly Blue Book and the miles of the car ( WICH WILL LIKELY BE 65k PLUS) and is a bit more than you could get for the car if you did try to sell privatly...

So put the money you make into the bank and then replace her with an 2008 coupe...You'll be smiling then..

About the only downside I see is that the yellow/black striped SRT10 coupes are the most beatiful streetable vipers ever produced and I dont beleave that the 2008's are available in that color?????

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hilarious the cop felt it was a good idea to give you the proverbial kick in the groin while you're down. Genius. I would have asked him what the point of his remark was.

The fat cop was an unbelievable pr**k. His attitude was that "you got what you deserved" as if he knew exactly the circumstances. Of course, we HAD to have been racing because there were Vipers there. Couldn't have been more wrong. The girl in the car Pete hit told the cop there was no speeding, he was going the same speed as she was. It was like he was happy to see it. ****.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I knew what to expect when I read the topic on this post, but it hit home even more when I realized it is someone in our NY/CT VCA Club that I have cruised with. I am very sorry about what happened Pete. I am glad you are O.K. I know,somewhat, how you feel b/c I was in a similar situation afew years back when I had a bad accident with my old vette that also had runflats. I know it does not compare with the Viper.(Notice how I did not capitalize the word vette.):lmao: This has convinced me to get my runflats off of the Viper ASAP and to limit my driving until then. On a, hopefully, more positive note, call me or PM me when you need a ride to The Wizard's to accept delivery of your 08'. :drive:

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow Great to here you are ok . car can be fixed or replaced good luck. hope every thing works out for you . I wanted to stop I was in the 04 silver convert saw the trooper next to you and i know he is a d//// pullud me over @ 140 let me go i was with another cop thank god .

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fat cop was an unbelievable pr**k. His attitude was that "you got what you deserved" as if he knew exactly the circumstances. Of course, we HAD to have been racing because there were Vipers there. Couldn't have been more wrong. The girl in the car Pete hit told the cop there was no speeding, he was going the same speed as she was. It was like he was happy to see it. ****.

I knew what to expect when I read the topic on this post, but it hit home even more when I realized it is someone in our NY/CT VCA Club that I have cruised with. I am very sorry about what happened Pete. I am glad you are O.K. I know,somewhat, how you feel b/c I was in a similar situation afew years back when I had a bad accident with my old vette that also had runflats. I know it does not compare with the Viper.(Notice how I did not capitalize the word vette.):lmao: This has convinced me to get my runflats off of the Viper ASAP and to limit my driving until then. On a, hopefully, more positive note, call me or PM me when you need a ride to The Wizard's to accept delivery of your 08'. :drive:

Wow Great to here you are ok . car can be fixed or replaced good luck. hope every thing works out for you . I wanted to stop I was in the 04 silver convert saw the trooper next to you and i know he is a d//// pullud me over @ 140 let me go i was with another cop thank god .

Yeah the cop had some serious attitude but what is done is done. Clearly he had a chip on his shoulder for some reason. I almost wished that I had been speeding so that I could explain the accident better. Although who knows if I would have been hurt or the young lady in the Jeep might have been hurt. No one was hurt except for my sweet sweet viper.

I can't thank everyone enough for your support. Again, Jon and Gene were there for me. I remember Banshe302 stopping to make sure I was ok.

Phil, I just might take you up on your offer. Although I'm not sure what I will do. I REALLY love the bumblebee. Maybe they will make Yellow in 2009. Who'm I kidding, I can't go a year without a car!!

So where are the "that will buff right out comments?" ;)

Hey Tator, we need A LOT of touch up paint!! :rolaugh:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the bright side, Pete.
Things can ONLY get better in the New Year! :rolleyes:

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete,
I did not make it this Sunday as I was in the car and got called back,family stuff came up.
Wher did this happen? Drawbidge?
Pictures look like the big span.

Regards, Happy New year...You all are safe that is all that matters...
Frank

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again Fraqnk for your kind words.

It was on the Wantagh parkway after coming back on Ocean. It was on the bridge there where they are doing construction.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again Fraqnk for your kind words.

It was on the Wantagh parkway after coming back on Ocean. It was on the bridge there where they are doing construction.

Pete did you check the road for construction debri or maybe even some slick spots from the contruction? It might be the road more so then the car.

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whos your insurance company?

Liberty Mutual

Pete did you check the road for construction debri or maybe even some slick spots from the contruction? It might be the road more so then the car.

My mind was elsewhere but the guy who's body shop I took it to definitely noted the construction and the wet pavement. It could have been an oil spot, who knows.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete,

I'm glad this incident hasn't affected your great sense of humor, you had some good one liners there! I know you're partial to Yellow/Black....what about that Snakeskin Green with black stripes?

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Aaron, we'll see how my sense of humor holds up when I deal with the insurance company.

I like the green but I may be partial to the orange and black. We'll see what happens.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete,

That color combo sounds good too! As for insurance reps, you've got the Viper Wizard and likely JonB for help in setting them straight if they need it, so I'm sure you'll do just fine. If you do choose to keep the car....as someone said earlier, maybe it's time to try the Street Serpent re-body or if you remember JonB's announcement, he bought up all that Viper body part inventory....so he may have every panel you need available.

Regards,
Aaron

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn. That just plain old *****. The other silver lining.... its not the start of the driving season. You should have your new toy by spring. Lots of cheap vipers out there right now.