First of all I'm OK

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear it Pete.
When it's all said and done, you'll have YOUR car back good as new and be ready for spring cruising.....:drive:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete
Fingers crossed that all the damage is bolt on............
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PETE !! Urgent. Please call. It is in your best interest, believe me!
Your profile has you ANONYMOUS so I dont recall your last name to call you. Urgent

LATER EDIT: Got the # from Chuck, thanks Jon..... left pete a message and email

[ Guys, there are times when a true name in your profile can HELP you ! ]

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PETE !! Urgent. Please call. It is in your best interest, believe me!

Your profile has you ANONYMOUS so I dont know your last name to call you. Urgent

I have Pete's cellphone number if you need it Jon and can't get him.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went through this in September, get EVERYTHING that isn't stock of the car, your VEC, exhaust, etc., the insurance company won't give you #$$#@ for them and you can put them on your next one.

***** to go through this, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. A year from now it will just be a bad memory and you will have at least as nice a car, maybe even better (like my situation turned out to be)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just went through this in September, .........***** to go through this, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. A year from now it will just be a bad memory and you will have at least as nice a car, maybe even better (like my situation turned out to be)

How well I remember ! You did WELL........... Pete can, too............

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went through this in September, get EVERYTHING that isn't stock of the car, your VEC, exhaust, etc., the insurance company won't give you #$$#@ for them and you can put them on your next one.

***** to go through this, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. A year from now it will just be a bad memory and you will have at least as nice a car, maybe even better (like my situation turned out to be)

Yes, you came out smelling like roses. I think everybody would be wrecking their Vipers if they could be getting the deal you got. :2tu: :lmao:

Just wish I took the chance and went to Ohio to look at it before you did. :( :dunno: ;)

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, JonB ans Chuck Tator come to the rescue. I can't say enough about this community. Everyone is AWESOME! Thanks guys:usa:

-Pete

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete, I'm glad to hear that you and the people in the Jeep are okay.
From experience I can relate to the shock right after it happens but as I said hopefully some good will come out of this and maybe you can come out ahead of this with some upgrades you didn't have before.

I heard the PS2's were excellent tires, I included some info on the Hoosiers R6/A6 which might be another option for you. I have the R6's on my 350z and can't say enough good things about them. So far I put 8000 miles with them on the street and the wear is excellent and traction is superior. I will be putting these on the Viper this spring and can't wait. The 350z has handled great in the rain with these tires, don't ask me how but it is very difficult to get these to spin or slide in wet weather. Dave with the 1200 hp TT Ford GT has these and so does Ed with the 96 GTS 1300 hp car. They're at captree just about every week. They have nothing but great things to say about running Hoosiers on the street.

It's good to hear that Chuck may be helping you with your situation, you know after him and Rob go through it, that car will be back to exact specification and Right as Rain when it's done. Hope to see you soon and hopefully you'll be rolling with us in time for spring.

Hoosier A6

dsc0016ny7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again Charlie. It was very nice of you to call me. I'll feel a lot better once I talk to my insurance co. and get the car sent up by Chuck. You are right, once Rob, Chuck and their get done with it, it will be BETTER than new.

I have seen the Hoosier R6's. I know Daves TT quite well. I'm stunned that those tires work well in the rain. NOT that my Viper ever sees the rain. I just want to be sure IF I hit a wet road.

Does anyone else have experience with the PS-2s or R6's? I want to get the best tires possible.

My thoughts are that since the PS-2 is on the 08 that's as close to stock as you can get.

Anyone? Bueller?

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem with the hoosiers is they can break stuff on your viper because they are too sticky, there are some threads on here or on the alley about it.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got word from Charlie about this. As everyone else, I'm just thrilled to see you're OK, Pete! Maybe even more then me (commonly referred to as Grandpa with my driving habits), you might be the last person in our family I'd ever expect to loose control while driving.

I know that temporary bridge and there are several asphalt joint bumps along the way. Impossible to diagnose, but it would be easy to get sideways over any of those bumps when the car becomes "unweighted" especially if the front wheels were not straight. Sadly, there's also not an inch of road shoulder.

Between Jon B and Chuck, you couldn't be in better hands! Despite your interest in "stock", this might be the best time to consider even minor upgrades. When I went from OE Pilots to PS2's, the difference in ride and traction was seriously noticeable.

We're all pulling for ya Pete! :2tu:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott may have hit the nail on the head.

Last Sunday, Gene and I retraced the route we took that day. Wanted to take another look at the scene of the crime as it were. One very noticable thing was the pronounced expansion joints on that section. In fact, there was even a sign there about a "bump". Right on the curve of that bridge were several noticable joint bumps, looked like an inch of asphalt(?) sticking up. Of course there is no way to know for sure, but that could very well have been the problem. Maybe a shift right at that point, etc could have knocked the rear loose. Maybe could have recovered too, except the very bad luck of having someone right next to you at that time. It is extremely narrow, only a few feet between two cars at best there.

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Scott, I'm happy that I'm as much a granny as you are!! :D

I am ordering PS-2s to be put on my car. NO MORE RUN CRAPS!!

I have spoken with a lot of people about the tires and PS-2s seem to be winning out. Charlie thanks for your insight but Lord Tator ( :rolaugh: ) told me to get PS-2's.

The car will be making its way to Tator's auto body shop tomorrow in the AM.

I am looking forward to starting the build. Franken Viper shall be re-born!:2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id wanna keep MY own car as well, you're doing the right thing keeping it and fixing it.

keep us posted and post some progress pics

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, that looks far better than what you described, Pete. No doubt I'd have been as distraught, but that looks completely repairable. Chuck will take care to check all the frame and suspension details before you ever drive it again.

Indian Auto Body has a great reputation. My '08's going to them immediately upon delivery.

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Scott. A scratch on the bottom of my rocker panel looks like the end of the world to me so you can imagine what this looks like. I agree with you, when I got over the shock of what happened it wasn't as bad as I had thought.

I am looking forward to dealing with Indian Auto.

I can't wait to see your 08!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, that looks far better than what you described, Pete. No doubt I'd have been as distraught, but that looks completely repairable. Chuck will take care to check all the frame and suspension details before you ever drive it again.
Indian Auto Body has a great reputation. My '08's going to them immediately upon delivery.

Say, Scott--can I ask yet what you plan on having done to your brand-new BLACK '08 as soon as it arrives...you mentioned 'major changes' before, so you got me curious!!! :dunno: :eater: :eater: :eater: ~juli

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say, Scott--can I ask yet what you plan on having done to your brand-new BLACK '08 as soon as it arrives...you mentioned 'major changes' before, so you got me curious!!! :dunno: :eater: :eater: :eater: ~juli
This is not the thread to be posting about an ordered car. ;) However, I'd venture that 3 months after I take delivery, it already won't look as good as Pete's after the repair.

He cleans microscopic streaks that I can't even see! :D

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learned from ViperJon the king of the wax! This wouldn't have happened to his car because it's protected by 3000 coats of wax. :omg:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learned from ViperJon the king of the wax! This wouldn't have happened to his car because it's protected by 3000 coats of wax. :omg:

I continue to have you in our thoughts, Pete...and yes, ViperJon's car (the one we saw red/black GTS) was IMMACULATE~!!! Scott--you are correct, not the thread to ask you about your new '08...I digress~~:nono: shame on me. Can't wait to see Pete's car when it is all fixed up! ~juli

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pete, thats gonna fix just fine. dont sweat it. the place you are bringing it to is more than capable.... :)

just gonna take some time. and luckily its winter. you picked a great time to do this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21