First Service & Checkup

Sarge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my new to me 05' to our local CJD dealer (also a customer of mine) for a check up & routine service. The Viper tech changed all the fluids, flushed the cooling system and replaced 2 oil cooler lines minor leaking at the rubber metal connections. also replaced the serpentine belt.

They gave the car a clean bill of health and said it was in great shape and did not appear to be abused (always a concern)

Wheels & tires at the end of the week good wash, strip, wax & detail and I'm ready to go.

Will probably do most of the minor maintenance (fluids, etc.) myself moving forward. I wanted to have a certified tech really check it our first time.

I'm very pleased with the car and service.

Really looking forward to some great rides in the coming summer months.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took my new to me 05' to our local CJD dealer (also a customer of mine) for a check up & routine service. The Viper tech changed all the fluids, flushed the cooling system and replaced 2 oil cooler lines minor leaking at the rubber metal connections. also replaced the serpentine belt.

They gave the car a clean bill of health and said it was in great shape and did not appear to be abused (always a concern)

Wheels & tires at the end of the week good wash, strip, wax & detail and I'm ready to go.

Will probably do most of the minor maintenance (fluids, etc.) myself moving forward. I wanted to have a certified tech really check it our first time.

I'm very pleased with the car and service.

Really looking forward to some great rides in the coming summer months.

Common about the cooler lines. Mine were done last year. Having my coolant done tomorrow when the car gets PA inspected. Good luck and have fun with it!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Smart move, Sarge...it will serve you well !!

At some point, many choose to do their own routine fluid changes (especially in locations lacking a Viper Tech). Though I generally do these changes on ours, I regularly have SOMETHING done by a REAL Viper Tech just to have a professional set of eyes on the cars just to be sure that I am not missing a problem due to my lack of training and experience !!

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear and good luck........ Don't be afraid to perform these services yourself in the future as these cars (in terms of diffculty) are no different than any other commonly driven car. For example, you can save yourself upwards of $100 + (yes, some dealers charge $200 for a Viper oil change) by purchasing the oil and filter and changing it yourself.

OP
OP
S

Sarge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback.
The cost for most of the services was pretty reasonable.
$79.99 for oil & filter, $99 for rear end service, $79 for trans service & $150 for flush coolant.
The hoses were expensive. $470 total $200 parts and $270 labor ($100 an hour)
Also bought a second remote (car only came with one) for $145 programmed.
They did not charge any extra for the inspection service which include plug n check the engine tune etc.

I'm sure I can save a few bucks doing service myself which I enjoy but wanted a Viper tech to check the car out first time out.

Rich

I'm very satisfied with the charges and service from the dealer.

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also bought a second remote (car only came with one) for $145 programmed.

additional remote was ~$20 and two minutes to program if you have one working. I agree on a viper tech looking at the car and intend to get my viper Tatorized later this year for piece of mind...but $145 is a bit high for that part

SRT8&10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
additional remote was ~$20 and two minutes to program if you have one working. I agree on a viper tech looking at the car and intend to get my viper Tatorized later this year for piece of mind...but $145 is a bit high for that part

Yep, I did that last week. Got the remote from Viper parts of america, programmed in just a few minutes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang