First Viper, thanks to AbsolutHank

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all. I just subscribed as a VENOM member, waiting for my administrator update, proud new owner of a black 2003 Paxton Supercharged Viper. I've been deployed to Iraq since last November and Hank has been very patient and flexible with my situation. I've wanted a Viper ever since we all did. I almost had my chance in 2007 but finances turned on me and it had to wait. I always figured I would settle for a salvaged rebuilt Viper, and if so it had to be a GTS. My situation has changed in the past couple years and a clean titled GTS was in sight. I was looking for a GTS, lowered suspension, either supercharged or turbo with tasteful aftermarket wheels. Forgive me for saying it, I've always thought the 3rd & 4th Gen verts in stock trim looked like late model Corvettes. It's the headlights, front body lines and the side air extractors that fool me at quick glance. Before you judge, the past 11 years my daily drivers have ranged from my 63/64 Falcons, 65/66 Barracudas, and 65/66/67 Mustangs. BUT, as soon as I saw Hank's 03 Viper it was all over, I had to have it. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine owning a car this nice. While I'm out here it's about all I can think about now. I even bought an owners manual and had it sent to me out here so I could familiarize myself. I read it the day I got it, almost every page. I'm so excited I feel like a kid again.
I hope to make it home as soon as possible and drive it out to some events. I was a Long Hauler Power Tour 07, have been going mad trying to participate in another one. I have Mopar Nats down the road in Columbus each year. I can't wait to meet up with everyone in the future.

Thanks Hank, and thank you everyone for sharing with me,

Bart

For those that don't know Hank's/ my car, I don't have any of my own pics yet, been borrowing Hank's. I have this proudly posted on my desk.
You must be registered for see images

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all. I just subscribed as a VENOM member, waiting for my administrator update, proud new owner of a black 2003 Paxton Supercharged Viper. I've been deployed to Iraq since last November and Hank has been very patient and flexible with my situation. I've wanted a Viper ever since we all did. I almost had my chance in 2007 but finances turned on me and it had to wait. I always figured I would settle for a salvaged rebuilt Viper, and if so it had to be a GTS. My situation has changed in the past couple years and a clean titled GTS was in sight. I was looking for a GTS, lowered suspension, either supercharged or turbo with tasteful aftermarket wheels. Forgive me for saying it, I've always thought the 3rd & 4th Gen verts in stock trim looked like late model Corvettes. It's the headlights, front body lines and the side air extractors that fool me at quick glance. Before you judge, the past 11 years my daily drivers have ranged from my 63/64 Falcons, 65/66 Barracudas, and 65/66/67 Mustangs. BUT, as soon as I saw Hank's 03 Viper it was all over, I had to have it. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine owning a car this nice. While I'm out here it's about all I can think about now. I even bought an owners manual and had it sent to me out here so I could familiarize myself. I read it the day I got it, almost every page. I'm so excited I feel like a kid again.
I hope to make it home as soon as possible and drive it out to some events. I was a Long Hauler Power Tour 07, have been going mad trying to participate in another one. I have Mopar Nats down the road in Columbus each year. I can't wait to meet up with everyone in the future.

Thanks Hank, and thank you everyone for sharing with me,

Bart

For those that don't know Hank's/ my car, I don't have any of my own pics yet, been borrowing Hank's. I have this proudly posted on my desk.

Congratulations, Bart. I am right up I-75 from you. I hope to make it to some Ohio VCA events, schedule permitting.

Last edited:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First, thank you very much for your service - by doing so, you are helping ALL of us enjoy and live the life we do here in the US. Please stay safe, and you have a gorgeous car to come back to. I also own a black 2003 (not supercharged though), and it is a blast. You bought a great car from a guy who takes care of his cars.

Congratulations.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your service. Stay safe and hurry home. Enjoy that new ride.

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are gonna have fun going through the gate for the first time in it, that is for sure. My very first time through all the gate guards stopped what they were doing and started to point and whisper amongst themselves in awe.

The guy checking my ID was an E-3 and all he could say was "Really, a viper?" and didn't even look down at my ID before waving me in.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't see too many of these cars on base, watch where you park, people are jealous! Watch your six and make it home safe to your family and one hell of a ride! Take care. Jeff

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! Very nice looking ride. Now get your butt home safe and sound so you can enjoy that baby. Thanks for your service. :2tu:

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just answered your pm and now just caught your thread.

The Viper looks great! And as Bob said, "Welcome to the best car club on the planet", as well as the VCA's Region of the Year.:)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Bart! He did a great job on that car, easily one of the best looking Gen 3/4 verts in the club. It is all about wheels and stance.

Tony

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't see too many of these cars on base, watch where you park, people are jealous! Watch your six and make it home safe to your family and one hell of a ride! Take care. Jeff

Hey, just realized you are in Dixon. Do you work at Travis? Haven't seen any other Viper on base besides mine.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Bart! I know you're going to be absolutely thrilled with the car...especially the first time you hammer the loud pedal!!

To everyone else, a new(to me) Viper is in the works...I'm not going anywhere!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats I have always said that is one of the best looking vipers on this forum and you bought it from one of the best guys on the forum too. And thanks for your service brotha:2tu:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, and thanks! That thing looks great. Hank, how close to the ground is that front? I noticed that the back seemed different too or is it just an illusion? In other words... What did you do to that car to give it that stance???

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, and thanks! That thing looks great. Hank, how close to the ground is that front? I noticed that the back seemed different too or is it just an illusion? In other words... What did you do to that car to give it that stance???

I had the Vipair adjustable suspension on it when that picture was taken.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Bart!

I've seen that Viper more than a few times around Northern VA. I, like you, have never been a huge fan of the Gen III or IV but Hank's car is one of the few I really like!! She's a beauty. Thank you for your service and welcome to the club!

I have mine up in Ohio pretty frequently, it would be a pleasure to meet you and see that amazing car again.

OP
OP
L

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I want to apologize for my loose use of the word "deploy". I am an Iraq Veteran, OIF 2007-2008, 10 years enlisted. Due to service connected injuries I chose the path of least resistance. I separated in 2009 and became a "dirty contractor" on-base doing the same thing I did in service. Last November I was requested to return to Iraq to fill my old seat as a contractor. "Deploy" is an everyday word in my vocabulary, I did not intend to mislead. The way I look at it, my being here allows a soldier to stay home with their family. For the soldiers that do deploy with me, I am grateful to have the oportunity to return here and work beside them. I very much miss wearing the uniform.

When I'm back home I work on base. As far as I know I will be the only one on Wright-Patterson driving a Viper, anyone know otherwise? My original plan in 2008, had I purchased a salvage-rebuilt GTS, was to drive it to work, park it as close as legally possible to my building and everyday step out of the Viper proudly displaying my enlisted stripes. I was going to daily drive the heck out of it. I still see myself stopping off at the Meijer to get groceries in the 03. I'm not a fast food guy but a good friend of mine wants to ride shotgun through the drive-though in the Viper. The first day I drive the car I'm putting a couple hundred miles on the odometer just tooling around town. If timing works out I'll be home for the Midwest Rendezvous/Mopar Nationals. And I'm also overdue for a trip to Monterey, CA. I might have to take a road trip first summer I'm free.

Wow, while I was typing this I received a bunch more replies. Hank, I am exstatic. The two videos you have posted up on youtube with you driveing the car and making the tight turn around the median, i have them looped to play back to back on my unclass computer while I work on the other network. I spend a good chunk of my day listening to the Viper drive by. I hope I'm not the only one that does this. I don't want to be the creepy OCD Viper guy.

Wolf, if you make it out to Ohio while I'm home we'll have to meet up. I'm known in my suburb for having impromptu car shows in front of my house. Never a Viper show though, and two at that. You'll have to stay for dinner. My wife's cooking, ugh, I'm so hungry now.

Last edited:

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! Hank's Viper was one of my favorites. You got a great ride! Shoot me a PM if you're ever in the Cincinnati area.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got the oppurtunity to deliver my old Viper out to Bart this weekend. It's going into storage for a few quick months until he returns home from Iraq. I thought I'd post a quick pic....the last "new" picture I'll post! I'm excited to see that the car will continue to be an active part of the VCA community. Congrats again to Bart!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala