Fitting Gen 4 exhaust to Gen 3?

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper currently has stock headers and primary cats, then straight pipe. I think its a bit too loud, so I'd like to quiet it down and maybe get something with a polished tip.

There are a couple Gen 4 catbacks used out there, will they fit the gen 3 with minimal modification?

There's a used belanger exhaust out there for Gen 4, does anyone know if that would fit to a gen 3? I would assume it would fit a gen 3 with belanger headers, but that's not in the plans for quite some time. I need a catback to put on this summer, looking to retain the stock headers and primary cats.

I did search. Man, there are LOTS of exhaust threads out there and lots of tags that the site won't let you search for because of string length too short!

OP
OP
T

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very helpful, thank you.

Perhaps I need pictures of the connections. I'm only able to put together things from classifieds pictures, and it looks like stock uses a circular clamp, some aftermarket brands use slip over joints, and yet other brands use bolted joints.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What will bolt up to your straight pipe is the question and that depends on the size/diameter of that connection. The Gen 3/4 stock system is 2.5". A modification with a 2.5" outlet should accept a stock muffler. For pictures, go to the Corsa site and download the .pdf installation instructions. It shows the components and all of the connections for both the Gen 3 and 4 systems.

car-hor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Greg,

I will be pulling the Belanger header back system (includes Belanger hi-flow cats) off my car in a few weeks. If you don't have the Belanger headers, you will most likely need to take it to an exhaust shop, have them cut out the mid pipes, and refit it to your factory headers. An experienced pipe fitter/welder should be able to knock out that job, no problem.

Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Michael