Fixed my running hot problem - run the AC!

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the post a couple weeks ago about how easy it is to charge your own Viper AC. I bought the kit at Walmart, and two cans later, my pressure was stable at 45 and the car was cooling great. Had a hot day down here today, and we took the snake out. By leaving AC on, fan now stays on all the time, virtually, and temp never got over 195. I'm so thrilled with this "mod." The AC also helps keep the footwells and passenger area cooler, even with the top off.
:2tu:
Couple of watch-outs - if you're totally unfamiliar with this procedures (I was) just remember to empty the refrigerant and oil mix cans COMPLETELY before removing the hardware connection. I spewed oil all over the place when mine corked off the last ounce or so.

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember, if you were low on refrigerant, then it leaked out somewhere. If you simply refill it without fixing the leak, then it will leak out again.

OP
OP
A

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just remember, if you were low on refrigerant, then it leaked out somewhere. If you simply refill it without fixing the leak, then it will leak out again.

Quite true! However, at the current reported costs (did a search) to fix the Viper AC system, I'd rather put new R-134a in at the beginning of every summer for 15 bucks or so. :2tu:

I'm not sure what the leak rate is, but if it holds the summer, I'll be happy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4