Flickering dash lights only, going dim to very bright???

SLICKSSS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the 2004 model. (Not 2003 that was flickering headlamp issue) TSB bulletin

I know this was posted awhile back but was wondering if any one else that had this problem, what the cure was??

The headlights and tailights are fine when this happens, its just the dash lights that go very dim to bright and does this several times. Noted this does not do this always, and no I am not turn the dim switch up and down on the dash. LOL.... :p

Any input or what is causing this problem would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Slick...

OP
OP
S

SLICKSSS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kai I took it to the dealer and of course no codes?? They said to watch for a drop in the voltage gauge when it happens?? If this does this maybe its an alternator??

It seems to be working fine no for the last several nights?

Very strange but I will live with it for the time being or untill it starts all the time doing it. Don,t like to see the car being ripped apart for wiring problems which almost are the hardest to find.

Keep me posted if you do find out what causes this??

Daniel I ran my VIN on dodge website and dealer for recalls and nothing?

:confused:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine seems to happen when I'm driving on the washboard dirt road near my home. I figured it was due to vibration. Something bumping about or a loose wire or the like. I haven't noticed it more than a couple of times when driving on smooth roads. It is much more common on the bumpy dirt roads.