Flip Key For The Viper..........

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in need of a spare key and I found a flip key on e-bay for a dodge, the thing work perfec with all the remote fuctions. Heres a pic.
You must be registered for see images

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see those on there for about $40. Did you just have to take it to the dealer to have it programmed? What did that set you back?

As much as I love the Viper logo on the stock key, it would be nice to have the key and fob as one instead of two seperate things on my key ring.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm....what does it "officially" come standard with? What'd you have to do to program it?

I see those on there for about $40. Did you just have to take it to the dealer to have it programmed? What did that set you back?

As much as I love the Viper logo on the stock key, it would be nice to have the key and fob as one instead of two seperate things on my key ring.

They send me the instructions for the programming it was very simple, then I whent to a key place to have it cut. Heres a link 05 2005 VIPER SRT-10 FLIP KEY KEYLESS REMOTE | eBay

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it look like only a bent cotter pin is coming out and not a key? Looking to get into your Viper or someone else's?

F

FrgMstr

Ordered mine a few days ago, will ping in here when I get it programmed.

Jon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it look like only a bent cotter pin is coming out and not a key? Looking to get into your Viper or someone else's?

Its not just you - I thought it was a paper clip or something at first. :) Seems pretty thin... With the huge size of the fob versus that small bit of metal are there any worries about what happens if it gets bumped while it is in the ignition?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bird325 your 01 should have a lever to release the hatch on drivers floor pan next to door on floor
My 01 did.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cubican, how would you rate it on a duribility scale from 1 to 10? My wife drives a VW and the key fob looks very similar. It is well made and very durable...dam Germans. I ask bc if it is some "Made in China" POS Im not interested. Want M.I.C...or M.I.A. By the way, thanks for the post!

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cubican, how would you rate it on a duribility scale from 1 to 10? My wife drives a VW and the key fob looks very similar. It is well made and very durable...dam Germans. I ask bc if it is some "Made in China" POS Im not interested. Want M.I.C...or M.I.A. By the way, thanks for the post!
The wife infinity and jag key is better made but the replacement on them is in the 300.00 range with the programing. As for the E-Bay key I will give it a 7 and at 30.00 bucks with the programing is worth it. At first I just got it as a spare key but now I use it 100% of the time, is way better than the 2 part key remote stuff.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bird325 your 01 should have a lever to release the hatch on drivers floor pan next to door on floor
My 01 did.

I think he meant from a remote/fob, not the handle.

When did they start doing that...1999, with all the other interior updates? My 1998 didn't have the handle release by the driver's door but my 2001 does.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wife infinity and jag key is better made but the replacement on them is in the 300.00 range with the programing. As for the E-Bay key I will give it a 7 and at 30.00 bucks with the programing is worth it. At first I just got it as a spare key but now I use it 100% of the time, is way better than the 2 part key remote stuff.

Great..7 is good enough for me. Im ordering now. Great find and thanks again!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... no shipping to Canada.:smirk:

I'm thinking about ordering one myself. I do want to wait and see how everyone else's turns out. If I do, I have no problem buying two, and then I'll ship one up to you. PM me if that's fine, and we'll figure it out from there:2tu:

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IF you haven't noticed, you don't have to actually "crank" the key to start the car? :lmao:

thank you....I did know that....glad you got a good laugh though....I'm referring to the fact it still needs to be in the ignition....things are tight in the cockpit and it looks like it wouldn't take much for it to break or bend if you accidentally hit it with your leg/knee....

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you....I did know that....glad you got a good laugh though....I'm referring to the fact it still needs to be in the ignition....things are tight in the cockpit and it looks like it wouldn't take much for it to break or bend if you accidentally hit it with your leg/knee....

I can tell you that your way off, the key is just like the stock key, and I havent had any problems at all.

F

FrgMstr

I got mine in and was not at all impressed with the quality of the unit. The key is actually loose in the fob and moves around when opened. I would not put this one in my ignition. Glad you got a good one, because mine surely is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine in and was not at all impressed with the quality of the unit. The key is actually loose in the fob and moves around when opened. I would not put this one in my ignition. Glad you got a good one, because mine surely is not.

I have no problems like that with my set, in fact I just order another . I have use my key for over 3 months and no problems .

F

FrgMstr

I have no problems like that with my set, in fact I just order another . I have use my key for over 3 months and no problems .

Mine is a POS and I would not put it in my ignition. Like a lot of things from China, quality assurance is far from static.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456