Florida - 1, 2, 3 strikes you're out?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Florida - 1, 2, 3 strikes you\'re out?

I think that it is a sign that all tuners in Florida must move to San Diego, CA.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

We'll keep Doug, Larry and Sean :headbang:

Cali can have Scott :D

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

Yep, Ivan is a Category 5 hurricane. Those things are no joke.

I was born and raised in Miami and have been through every category of hurricane. I'll stay put even in a strong Category 3, no sweat. But at Category 4+ you want to be way, WAY out of town. This coming from someone who ran outside during the peak on Hurricane Andrew, 10 miles north of the eye wall (to check on my dogs in the garage) and was spun around like a ballerina by the gusts. Literally lifted into the air, spun in circles, then slammed into those damn green FPL boxes they stick on our lawn.

A Cat 5 will make Charlie and Frances look like reindeer games.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There must be some mistake, my car is no longer in Florida therefore no reason exists to launch yet another assault.

There does continue to be an unfair amount of Viper tuners in the sunshine state and it might be wise for some diversification. We will take Macedo for the DFW area and guarantee no hurricanes for five years, in Dallas that is. :usa: :usa:

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well at least this last storm blew down the two largest pine trees I was worried about.Got lucky they went down away from the house both at the exact same time. We might have to do some serious praying this time. I've lived here 40 years and never seen anything like it.

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just saw on the weather channel Ivan destroyed 90% of the houses/buildings in Granada(sp) ...back when he was a category 3. Imagine the damage now he's a 5...

prayin for you guys

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am looking at a car in Orlando, how is it getting into the ORL airport, and how is it going north up 95 around there?
Thanks

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey

I'm not sure what Florida did to piss God off, but he seems determined to flatten the place.

I own a condo in Cocoa Beach. It is waterfront, not oceanfront(Banana River vs. Atlantic Ocean). The flooding, from the oceanside, only went to A1A. My waterfront condo is only 3 blocks away from the ocean, and A1A is 1 block away from the condo.
Seems God was keeping an eye on it. :2tu:

corseviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

70% of my house in Punta Gorda Isles was destroyed by
Charlie. NOAA now shows the projected path of Ivan heading
for Punta Gorda again. GAME OVER man I'm done. I was planning on shipping the viper down their this winter, but guess thats not an option anymore.

CorseViper

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Tell you folks one thing,, this is getting old. Tampa hasn't had the terrible destruction like Punta Gorda, but just THINKING about these coming is waaay too much. Like a friend said in CA., if a bad earthquake hits, you just die...thinking about dying seems worse to him.

The people who live in Florida know how hard it is to get home insurance, just imagine what it is going to be.

I hope this is the last one of these challenges we face for this season...good luck to everyone here.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

"The people who live in Florida know how hard it is to get home insurance, just imagine what it is going to be [like after 3 hurricanes in a time span of 6 weeks]."

Yep. Even the big boys (Allstate, State Farm, Prudential, et al) will haul ass. State Farm no longer issues new home insurance policies since Andrew in 1992, though to their credit, they allowed all current policy holders to stay with them - they simply did not take any new policies.

I'm out of there. Was born in Miami and lived there most of my life, aside from college (North Carolina) and work (based in Monaco). I'm looking at property along the French Riviera right now. Hoping to find a decent place somewhere within 40 kilometers of Nice on or near the coast.

I love Miami, it will always be my home, but I've become quite disenchanted with it. I spend, at minimum, 8 months per year overseas anyway, so there really is no point in maintaining a residence there anymore.

Also considering other U.S. cities, but most of the frontrunning spots for relocation are overseas. Low humidity, low rainfall, no/few mosquitos, and lack of sweltering summers are all pre-reqs - the 4 things I dislike most about Miami.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think that it is a sign that all tuners in Florida must move to San Diego, CA.
Until it falls into the Pacific. Can you say San Andreas fault! LOL.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I used to think that the north-east area was probably the best and safest to live in but after 9/11 that's changed.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, I am about to board up my windows and say a prayer. I will be called into work, so when the storm hits...if it does infact hit us, I won't be around to see what unfolds. :(

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well at least this last storm blew down the two largest pine trees I was worried about.Got lucky they went down away from the house both at the exact same time. We might have to do some serious praying this time. I've lived here 40 years and never seen anything like it.

Actually I guess I was here when 3 huricanes hit Fl. once before in 1964. Was to young to remember.

As far as getting no State Farm insurance since 1992. I'm not sure thats for all, because I've had hurricane insurance with them since 1997

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It looks like Miami is going to eek out another one!! Holee SH******* First the World Series and now skating right through another Major event!

Jay K.