For a good time call.......Fireball

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm in Calgary this past weekend and I called Greg to see if he was going to be at the track this weekend and sure enough he was there with his ACR. I stopped by Race City Saturday morning and watched some great cars ( and not so great cars ) doing laps. Then it was open track time so Greg grabbed an extra helmet and buckled me in to his ACR. I have very little track time and none in my Viper so I wasn't sure what to expect. His comments on the first lap that he was going to take it easy as the tires were cold. We come to the first corner and my brain tells me that I am about to die. He goes around the course once and then its time to see what it will do. I figured the first lap was balls out and he was just shi*ing me about taking it easy the first lap..... NOPE !!!. Second lap was insane and I am in a car at speeds that dont seem possible through corners. The ACR just doesnt loose traction. We do a few more laps. The tires are hot now and its party time. Down the back stretch and he hammers the brakes to make the first turn. I swear I am about to become intimate with the windshield. The 4 way harness has me sucked to the seat so I feel relatively safe.We are lapping at times that are close to his lap record and I am giggling like a school girl. I can not imagine having more fun unless I was driving my own Viper. What a great day. Thanks again Greg. Can't wait to get back with my car and see what I can do with it.
:):D:drive::drive::drive::drive:

Sean

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
Thanks for your post!:headbang:

I'm really glad you had a good time. It was worth the wait to get the whole track - thanks for hanging around longer (much longer) than expected.

Greg

PS - I changed the rear pads today. I also adjusted the compression and rebound hoping to get a little more stick and a little less understeer in the slower corners. We'll see how it all works out next track day.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see that you guys had such a great time :)

Sean, I thought you were moving overseas a while back or did you decide to stay afterall?

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, you're good at telling a story. I want to experience a good run on a track too.

I've been in an aircraft when the pilot was doing some mild aerobatics and I tell you it was damn uncomfortable getting tossed around, mainly because as a passenger I didn't know what was coming next. At least you could see the track and guess which way you were going to be ****** to next.

Bob

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see that you guys had such a great time :)

Sean, I thought you were moving overseas a while back or did you decide to stay afterall?

You might be thinking of someone else. I was in South Africa for 6 weeks at Christmas time but they kicked me out and said I was hurting their tourism income...lol.. :lmao:. Actually we go there every 2 years as my wife is from their originally and all her family is still there.

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, you're good at telling a story. I want to experience a good run on a track too.

I've been in an aircraft when the pilot was doing some mild aerobatics and I tell you it was damn uncomfortable getting tossed around, mainly because as a passenger I didn't know what was coming next. At least you could see the track and guess which way you were going to be ****** to next.

Bob

I love crazy rides and flying and doing anything fast. My brother is a pilot and took me flying years ago. His sole goal was to make me puke as he wanted payback for all the abuse I gave him growing up. He did some crazy stuff and every time he looked over expecting me to look sick I was laughing and having a great time. He kept trying harder and harder and the more he tried to more fun I had. It was pretty cool. Doing hot laps with Greg was the next best thing...LOL:D

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have some organizational duties on our track night but I will make time to give some rides. Of course the best ride is the one you give yourself!

Greg

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have some organizational duties on our track night but I will make time to give some rides. Of course the best ride is the one you give yourself!

Greg

Hey Greg. I had a pretty good ride last night but you were DEFINITELY not in the room...LOL.. Oops did I say that outloud. :omg::rolaugh::D:2tu::headbang::headbang:

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Greg. I had a pretty good ride last night but you were DEFINITELY not in the room...LOL.. Oops did I say that outloud. :omg::rolaugh::D:2tu::headbang::headbang:

Now that's a bit of information I could've lived without....

We're you alone?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great description. It's hard for me to imagine ... except that I went for a mediocre ride in a daytona Charger with JonB at the wheel. I managed to stay relaxed, but was kinda surpised everytime we came out the other side of a corner. Might just be JonB's fault but those Charger handle pretty well. Thought I heard the guys in the back seat rolling around the car, lol. You're right, it's much better driving your own Viper, even if JonB was slapping the back of my hand for 'resting' it on the shifter.

Definitely a good time and the HP Driving experience is worth the time and money.

Ted