? for any who have powdercoated valve covers, manifold

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What finish did you use? Gloss, satin, somewhere in between? Would you do the same again, or a difference finish?
Thanks for any input
Signed,
Poser Boy

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gloss, I like it and would do it again.
1882sc-med.jpg

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go with gloss and clear coat.
Mine were done in back in 98 and I just took this picture after the engine build and it is still holding up great!

2222ViperEngine-med.JPG

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
Check out the super mirror colors, they are bright and very vibrant. Also when coating with your standard powders, using super high gloss clear over top of the standard color after partially curing the primary coat will give you the shine your really looking for :cool:

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RED 93RT,

Where did you get the valve cover bolts? I like the look and I'm sure it makes it easier to take the valve covers off (for rocker adjustment, etc.). Also, is the alternator just polished or chromed (and how hard is it to do)? Thanks!

Frank

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The valve cover bolts are from Billet Specialties, 800-245-5382, they also have a website. Cost 5.00 each. I do metal polishing as a hobby. I polished the alternator with a die grinder and an industrial size dremel. You don't have to take it apart. Any good polishing house should be able to do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte