FOR SALE: 1997 GTS, Blue/White, $27,000

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 103,000 miles those can't be the original valve covers are they?

I don't know, they match the intake so both would have to have been replaced. I'll say they are original.

Is the low price simply due to the mileage or is there something that I am missing?

Basically the mileage. I don't think you can get into the 30's right now with this many miles......plus it was purchased at a good deal.
Some minor issues that are normal Viper problems, door hinge, stancheon (sp?) weatherstripping etc. A few I have already addressed.....if I have to make it perfect, yes the price might go up :D
Carfax is clean and had a clutch and slave replaced at 70,500 miles.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 year old tires = replacement, FYI good tread means nothing once you are at the 4-5 year mark on viper tires, you have a responsibility to the car and the new buyer to tell them it needs new tires, you can kill someone that is not use to driving a viper, no joke!...good luck with the sale I think you have a realistic price set, you will still get the price you want even with telling the new buyer they need new tires and you will have a clear mind if they dont change them then wind up killing themselves, the blood will not be on your hands.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The buyer is responsible to do research on things like tires. I'm sure if the car was really that unsafe they would have been changed by now. The OP is just giving the facts and it's a great deal for someone who doesn't care about millage. People can and will wreck these car no matter how new or old the tires are. Good luck to the OP.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really believe the age of tires is depending on the conditions you put them though and keep them in. to say a set of tires last "X" amount of years is ridiculous

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ummm you dont know much about tires, rubber becomes hard with age, do you even own a viper and know how important sticky tires are? If you do own I guess I will wave at you when I see you wrapped around a tree

Last edited:
OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 year old tires = replacement, FYI good tread means nothing once you are at the 4-5 year mark on viper tires, you have a responsibility to the car and the new buyer to tell them it needs new tires, you can kill someone that is not use to driving a viper, no joke!...good luck with the sale I think you have a realistic price set, you will still get the price you want even with telling the new buyer they need new tires and you will have a clear mind if they dont change them then wind up killing themselves, the blood will not be on your hands.

Replace four year old tires ?? You are a *****...next thing you know folks will be saying tires need replaced every year :rolleyes:

Let me tell you, I've most likely driven 50+ more Vipers than you, Vipers with about 1,000 whp (yes, one thousand more) than you....I don't mean 1,000 hp, I mean MORE. Sooooo why don't you go crawl back in a hole ? I'm pretty sure I have a better feel for safe tires or not on a Viper.

In fact, just yesterday another (multi car) experienced VCA member drove this car and while he drove it normal I did some 1st gear, slow mph, full throttle take-offs to show him how well it ran. Cooler day, high of 63 and partly overcast. These tires are just fine.

Sometimes, I think there are a majority of folks that have zero common sense !! ****ing idiot.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replace four year old tires ?? You are a *****...next thing you know folks will be saying tires need replaced every year :rolleyes:

..... Sooooo why don't you go crawl back in a hole ?

..........Sometimes, I think there are a majority of folks that have zero common sense !! ****ing idiot.

WOW!!!! LOL! Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! :lmao:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 6 year old tires on my Gen1 and I Nitrous and then a Paxton, tires were just fine. I don't know what this fascination is that you have to buy tires every 4 years! Stupid.
These oil change places still push that you need your oil changed every 3 thousand miles as well. Geez, I've been changing the oil in my car every 5 thousand miles and it is running just fine.

BGSNKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had 6 year old tires on my Gen1 and I Nitrous and then a Paxton, tires were just fine. I don't know what this fascination is that you have to buy tires every 4 years! Stupid.
These oil change places still push that you need your oil changed every 3 thousand miles as well. Geez, I've been changing the oil in my car every 5 thousand miles and it is running just fine.

Heck! I still have the original front tires on my car (twelve years old) and it handles just fine.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let me tell you, I've most likely driven 50+ more Vipers than you, Vipers with about 1,000 whp (yes, one thousand more) than you....I don't mean 1,000 hp, I mean MORE. Sooooo why don't you go crawl back in a hole ? I'm pretty sure I have a better feel for safe tires or not on a Viper.

In fact, just yesterday another (multi car) experienced VCA member drove this car and while he drove it normal I did some 1st gear, slow mph, full throttle take-offs to show him how well it ran. Cooler day, high of 63 and partly overcast. These tires are just fine.

Sometimes, I think there are a majority of folks that have zero common sense !! ****ing idiot.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoy seeing Vipers with such high mileage.. considering I'm on the verge of hitting 30,000 miles on mine, gives me a lot to look forward to knowing these cars can rack up the miles and still drive well! Assuming you take care of her of course. :)

I forget where and whose car it was, but awhile ago on this forum someone posted a picture of their odometer that read 200,000 miles and still driving it.:2tu:

I believe it was a white 96 RT/10.

Anyway, good luck to the OP with the sale!

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that "other" driver thinking about buying it? This would at least give him one that he could drive in the rain. :)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T
Is that "other" driver thinking about buying it? This would at least give him one that he could drive in the rain. :)
I heard the other driver did it as a favor to Tony, because now he can charge $500 more since its been celebrity driven. I wouldn't buy a 103k mile car. It's not broken in enough for me :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten