For those interested in KW Shocks

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been very happy with the Variant 2 shocks supplied by KW for the Gen 2 and 3 Vipers. The valving and spring rates are great for the street and club racing. They are rebound and height adjustable and can also be adjusted for drag racing. The construction resists corrosion and the shaft seals do not need to be serviced periodically like Penskes or Motons. They also are more affordable than double adjustable shocks.

These shocks come complete and ready to install for $3995. We have a limited amount of sets available for $3250. Please feel free to call.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! $4k is supposed to be a bargain for Viper shocks? No wonder I've worked with Aldan to get my cheapy $1k units to work great (I don't track my car).

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been very happy with the Variant 2 shocks supplied by KW for the Gen 2 and 3 Vipers. The valving and spring rates are great for the street and club racing. They are rebound and height adjustable and can also be adjusted for drag racing. The construction resists corrosion and the shaft seals do not need to be serviced periodically like Penskes or Motons. They also are more affordable than double adjustable shocks.

These shocks come complete and ready to install for $3995. We have a limited amount of sets available for $3250. Please feel free to call.

Thanks Dan. Just a question: I have always been curious as t whether these are the same as come stock on the 2008-2009 ACR. If not, what are the functional differences? For someone with a 2008 Viper who does a 50/50 mix of driving of the street and driving schools/track days, which is the best KW product regardless of price? Thanks.

/Rich

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The ACR has the variant 3 that is double adjustable. The standard KW is rebund and ride height adjustable only. Spring rates are in Kilograms and are dual rate, it converts to about 500 front and 800 rear. The ACR KW shocks are available from Mopar for about 2k more than the standard KW's.

Last edited:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan --

Thanks for the reply! Can you dumb it down for me and explain what is the difference between "double adjustment" on the Variant 3/ACR setup and what can be done with the Variant 2? If I was to purchase the more adjustable Variant 3, would that be a waste on my 2008 convertible that does not have the downforce of the ACR? Thanks for your help.

/Rich

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan -- Thanks for the reply! Can you dumb it down for me and explain what is the difference between "double adjustment" on the Variant 3/ACR setup and what can be done with the Variant 2? If I was to purchase the more adjustable Variant 3, would that be a waste on my 2008 convertible that does not have the downforce of the ACR? Thanks for your help. /Rich

Dan may be off to SEMA.....

The KW Variant 2 system allows external adjustment of REBOUND...and threaded perches for ride-height. Inexpensive but effective for casual track days, autocrossing, and drags / street. Comes fully assembled for 'remove and replace' convenience, GREAT when you trade-in your Viper...

The KW V3, as well as the hybrid KW-V3 on 08 ACR, adds the ability to also adjust COMPRESSION. This separates the hard-core track rats and racers from 'casual', and costs a BUNCH more, whether KW or MOTON

Howd' I do, Danno?

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
John explained this correctly, the KW V2 allows you to adust ride height and rebound. This shock has better dampening and a more progressive spring rate. The production shock tends to be over sprung and under-dampened. The V2 will give you a better ride and improved handling over the production shock.

The V3 KW and its ACR factory counterpart offer compression adjustment and a more track focused valving. The Mopar ACR KW shock is more expensive than the K3 offered by KW and most likely better.

Other options are Moton and Penske for the ********* track guys. We work with both. The K2 KW's are the best compromise for track and street. Both are available through DC Performance and Parts Rack.

Please call for more information.

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody have shock dynos of the Viper-application KW V2 and V3, as well as the ACR shocks at max and min settings? Does anybody know the fully compressed and extended free lengths of the ACR and non-ACR shocks?

Thanks,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude