For those that have received their 08s, a few questions . . .

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, congrats. I would love your driving impressions, however limited.

Second, my assumption has been that the factory oil fill is still Mobil 1 Synthetic 0w40. Is this accurate?

Finally, what specifically does the owner's manual say for the break-in procedure?

Thanks very much.

/Rich

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like they are 2 busy drooling over the car 2 read the manual

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,
yes on the Mobil 1. 11 Quarts

The break in period is 500 miles not to exceed 4000 RPM's and a constant check on oil at each fillup.

The car is amazing. The clutch definitely has a different feel than I am used to. I am primarily babying the car at this time just to make sure I get used to the feel. Tighter ride, Can definitely feel the difference on the tires from run flats to the new tire. I was suprised to see a compressor in the trunk!! Much louder exhaust on the vehicle than before. The engine compartment is definitely cooler and the sills are as well.

Extremely happy with my purchase.:D :D

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,
yes on the Mobil 1. 11 Quarts

The break in period is 500 miles not to exceed 4000 RPM's and a constant check on oil at each fillup.

The car is amazing. The clutch definitely has a different feel than I am used to. I am primarily babying the car at this time just to make sure I get used to the feel. Tighter ride, Can definitely feel the difference on the tires from run flats to the new tire. I was suprised to see a compressor in the trunk!! Much louder exhaust on the vehicle than before. The engine compartment is definitely cooler and the sills are as well.

Extremely happy with my purchase.:D :D

Greenmamba -- thanks for your help.

/Rich

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,
You are very welcome. Drop me a line if you have any other questions.