Found this on another site

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if it is posted here some where. Not even sure if it is the 08 and hard to see much... But here it is.

You must be registered for see images

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, that headlight surround doesn't quite look like any generation we've had so far, so maybe it is the Gen4.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first I thought Z06 'blue devil' also. Then I looked at the height of the hood. It's above the fender line. Vettes usually have the DRLs on, this doesn't. The windshield is too short and low for a vette. There's a bra and a blackout tape over the headlight. Hmmm. Looks like the Gen III facelift to me. Hood bulge is very encouraging. Then again, we always send our cars out with an ******, so this car being followed by a GM pickup truck.....

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its not a vette unless they made 1 change to the design: unless my eyes are deveiving me or the mirror is crooked I see a circular fog light underneath the headlight, instead of the rectangular and smaller fog light that a C6 Z06 has. Also, I have been looking very very close to pictures of a C6 but I can't help feeling that the top-right edge of the head light is looking more rounded off unlike that of a C6 which looks a tad more pointed. I just get the feeling that it looks SRT-10-ish.. looking at it again I don't see any clear signs of masking tape to cover up part of the head light, which almost convinces me that its "an" srt-10 because it doesn't look as tall as a vette's. I "think" that I can also see the more pronounced rear fender bulge of an SRT-10 but I'm not sure of that. Come to think of it, the front bumper-to-hood line looks lower than that of a vette, and I'm missing the in-bumper turn signal lights but can't be sure of the latter because the photo is very blurry. Last item to conclude my analysis is like already mentioned the windshield which looks too short for a c6.
EDIT: GOTCHA (again unless the vette guys made a design change)! Look at where the sheet covering part of the hood ends, right at the outer edges which are touching the outer edge of the headlight.. JUST LIKE an SRT-10, UNlike a vette C6. Also, the hood's right side "flows" more towards the headlight.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supposedly, this is a drivetrain mule gen III (NOT gen IV) Viper. It has the nose refresh covered by the usual black masking material on the front. From what I've heard the new nose is going to be more agressive and "pointier" than the current nose. Also, the hood is higher in the rear/cowl area for clearance for the 8.4L and it's redesigned intake.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Supposedly, this is a drivetrain mule gen III (NOT gen IV) Viper. It has the nose refresh covered by the usual black masking material on the front. From what I've heard the new nose is going to be more agressive and "pointier" than the current nose. Also, the hood is higher in the rear/cowl area for clearance for the 8.4L and it's redesigned intake.

About hood height- Get used to seeing a lot of bulbous hoods, due to that new European standard for pedestrian safety. (2007)

Personally, I'd rather not see that standard catered to in our market, since its not required here. But manufacturers would rather engineer one-size-fits-both-continents than have two separate lines of cars. So sadly, we will probably see a lot of bulbous hoods soon on our shores.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

About hood height- Get used to seeing a lot of bulbous hoods, due to that new European standard for pedestrian safety. (2007)

Personally, I'd rather not see that standard catered to in our market, since its not required here. But manufacturers would rather engineer one-size-fits-both-continents than have two separate lines of cars. So sadly, we will probably see a lot of bulbous hoods soon on our shores.

How does the hood relate to pedestrian safety?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The white car immediately behind the camera car appears to be a right hand drive vehicle since no driver is visible in the left front seat. Could this be a photo of the new Jaguar or an Aston Martin?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I propose 12 inch spikes to be regulated on all America car hoods. This will make prissy soccor moms or hiphop thugs think twice before running into moving traffic and demanding the right of way. Pedestrians seem to think they own the road. This eurotrash regulations only encourages that. :rolleyes:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
every line of that VIPER photo looks hazy except for that sharp "arch" line on that hood. ???

i think it is a photoshop hoax.

besides, if it were the GEN IV viper, it surely appears that nothing has been changed, atleast from the front.