Freakin tired!

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man, literaly just walked in the door. I just drove back from jacksonville with my new/used Bumble bee. 350 miles. Not the best sports car to do a trip but did just fine. Loud like a drop top. Torchy son of a *****. Can not wait to get the blower on next week. need so wheels though. and too quite. ;)

Couple of newbie questions though. The a/c blows cold but once in awhile blows smoke/fog. No odor. Is this a common viper "thing?" Also the fuel guage moves around a bit. not to bad. Is this another viper thing? And where the hell is the trunk latch???????

Thanks guys.

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The truck latch if its like my 2000 GTS its on the floor in front of the drivers seat....left side, closest to the door. I cant get to it, unless the door is open.

The fuel gauge moves a round a bit on mine too....especially when you are on the throttle. :D

Congrats on your purchase. And as everyone will say....dont forget to post pics. Though.....errrr I didnt yet.

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The truck latch if its like my 2000 GTS its on the floor in front of the drivers seat....left side, closest to the door. I cant get to it, unless the door is open.

The fuel gauge moves a round a bit on mine too....especially when you are on the throttle. :D

Congrats on your purchase. And as everyone will say....dont forget to post pics. Though.....errrr I didnt yet.

Thanks.......Yeah, have to clean her up tomorrow first. It rained in Fl as I was leaving. :crazy2:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Have you contacted Chad Hooterman(GA VCA prez) about joining the VCA? Chad puts together some nice events during the year, if you have time to do them. I'm sure you'll love the blower. Tony does excellent work! :2tu:

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah I talked to him last week while I was on vacation. will call him after I join the club. thanks

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The a/c blows cold but once in awhile blows smoke/fog. No odor. Is this a common viper "thing?"

I haven't heard of that as a common Viper thing. I suspect that your a/c is working especially well, and you drove through some very very humid air. Oh, yeah, it was Florida ! We don't get much of that kind of air around these parts.

Normally the moisture from the air deposits on the evaporator fins and collects in the evaporator housing and then runs out through a tube underneath the car.

The only "failure" mode would be that the evaporator was so cold that there was ice on it and the moist air was getting through. I doubt you have that issue though.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a fellow BumbleBee owner, I can only say....

Welcome to the club!

There's just enough room in the front for your car!

You must be registered for see images

Can't wait to see some pictures (particularly your avatar once you're a club member! ;) )

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't heard of that as a common Viper thing. I suspect that your a/c is working especially well, and you drove through some very very humid air. Oh, yeah, it was Florida ! We don't get much of that kind of air around these parts.

Normally the moisture from the air deposits on the evaporator fins and collects in the evaporator housing and then runs out through a tube underneath the car.

The only "failure" mode would be that the evaporator was so cold that there was ice on it and the moist air was getting through. I doubt you have that issue though.

Confirmed. FL air is so humid that you will see fog coming out when the air is on, nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yes it was raining and very humid....

the yellow looked good in the pics i got but look 10 times better in person. Hey you guys might get mad at me though cause I am getting aftermarket wheels. Pics tomorrow after a nice good detail.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes it was raining and very humid....

the yellow looked good in the pics i got but look 10 times better in person. Hey you guys might get mad at me though cause I am getting aftermarket wheels. Pics tomorrow after a nice good detail.

No way...these cars look GREAT with aftermarket wheels...

:2tu::headbang:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, literaly just walked in the door. I just drove back from jacksonville with my new/used Bumble bee. 350 miles. Not the best sports car to do a trip but did just fine. Loud like a drop top. Torchy son of a *****. Can not wait to get the blower on next week. need so wheels though. and too quite. ;)

Dude, you are a pu$$y. I just finished a drive to Detroit from Bama Boyeeeeeeeeee :2tu:. **** it up and be a man. :omg::omg: These cars should be treated like Gods!! :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree, i just drove mine from south florida to northern NJ and loved it.

congrats and enjoy it

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the evaporator freezes, it is usually a sign you are low on freon. That is what causes the condensate to blow - frozen metal ice thing with air blowing over it. My GTS will do that occasionally, and has a small freon leak. Have just not messed with properly charging it yet, let alone finding and fixing the freon leak.

I would have the system checked some time.

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on your new car and hope you join us soon!
Chad will get you started in the right direction for sure. Pictures soon....

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove 15 hours from Jersey to St. Joseph, MI about 6 weeks ago.....I couldn't hear for a few hours afterward, but I had a smile on my face for quite a while! Yep, my fuel guage does the same thing....3/4....no 5/8...no full, etc. and a/c does the same on humid days.....just tell your passenger that you're James Bond and that you've just filled the interior with "truth serom" and they better fess up now or you'll spray more until you get the information you want.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove 15 hours from Jersey to St. Joseph, MI about 6 weeks ago.....I couldn't hear for a few hours afterward, but I had a smile on my face for quite a while! Yep, my fuel guage does the same thing....3/4....no 5/8...no full, etc. and a/c does the same on humid days.....just tell your passenger that you're James Bond and that you've just filled the interior with "truth serom" and they better fess up now or you'll spray more until you get the information you want.

Regards,
Aaron

......or next time when a girl friend is with me I will tell her to take her top off to cover the vents or we will perish.:lmao.......Oh what about the the side vents??? better take off the skirt

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See Pingi3, now you're getting it! Just put on an academy award type performance (You might have to take off your t-shirt to get things started, but she'll likely join right in if you start!) and you'll always have that memory for a lifetime!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry they are from my phone. Can not figure out how to use my new HD 1080 camcorder/camera thingie.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hope to get these Iforged wheels from a fellow member and then off to Tony sometime this weekend.

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
See Pingi3, now you're getting it! Just put on an academy award type performance (You might have to take off your t-shirt to get things started, but she'll likely join right in if you start!) and you'll always have that memory for a lifetime!

Regards,
Aaron

ha..unfortunetly my friends would do that on the drop of a hat....then my wife would find out and there goes my toys. She started hounding me already about getting rid of my assault weapon collection. Over my dead body.....I grew up watching "Red Dawn" Instead of the Russians, it will be China.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha..unfortunetly my friends would do that on the drop of a hat....then my wife would find out and there goes my toys. She started hounding me already about getting rid of my assault weapon collection. Over my dead body.....I grew up watching "Red Dawn" Instead of the Russians, it will be China.

So this must be your "man cave" then huh

http://forums.viperclub.org/sneaky-petes-place/616970-man-cave-furniture-where-do-you-guys-shop.html

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pingi,
I see you have the stock exhaust on there. If you really want to enjoy the sound of your Viper, investigate the aftermarket exhausts on the market. I have a Corsa system on my car and the difference over stock is amazing. Many have equated the sound of the stock system to a UPS truck. Once you hear an aftermarket system, you'll agree!

Beautiful car though! I'm with XLRASHN though, you need to get that baby in the garage....Vipers aren't supposed to sit outside all the time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96