Front licence plate

cweaver22

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm the proud new owner of my first viper! Its being delivered this weekend and I can't wait!

how many of you put the front license plate on?

Of those that left it off, how often to you get ticketed/harassed by the law?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are numerous threads on this topic...to make a long story short...buy this...

Front License Plate Holder

...install your front plate on it and put it in your trunk. When/If you get pulled over tell the officer that you just washed your viper and forgot to put it back on.

Nobody permanently installs the front plate on their vipers.

OP
OP
C

cweaver22

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are numerous threads on this topic...to make a long story short...buy this...

...install your front plate on it and put it in your trunk. When/If you get pulled over tell the officer that you just washed your viper and forgot to put it back on.

AWESOME! ordered one. thanks!

OP
OP
C

cweaver22

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've gotten 1 warning ticket in my first 1-1/2 yrs. of ownership. The 'just washed it' line below worked for me :2tu:
Welcome aboard! Your world is about to change this weekend Congrats :headbang: (Oh, and it's OK to look in the garage before going to bed every night :))
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/630445-Keeping-new-Viper-owners-SAFE-a-How-To Read this thread and live by it :drive:

Thanks! I'm definitely going to heed the warnings in that post! I'm gonna drive this thing like a granny for a while.

speedchangesu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have several hot rods and have owned my 05 SRT Coupe since 06 and have never run a front license plate on any hot rods or the snake....it's a fix it ticket but any law enforcement officer citing for that must be desperate or someone pissed him off....

Chuck

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never got a ticket yet but I did have a cop yell out of his window as he passed by, "Better get that front plate on". Got the above listed holder and put it on every once and a while, but always have it in the trunk. I figure if I get pulled over I can say I just washed the car and forgot to put the plate back on.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I see the cops, I freak out and just take off in the opposite direction and drive as fast as I can. At night I drive with my lights off so they can't see me. ;)

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After you get your place bracket, put it on and drive at dusk for about an hour with it on there. DON'T wipe it off .... let the bugs dry on it and then put it in the back of the car. That way, when you tell the cop that you 'forgot' and get it out, it will look like you've actually had it mounted before this one, minor lapse of memory.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I see the cops, I freak out and just take off in the opposite direction and drive as fast as I can. At night I drive with my lights off so they can't see me. ;)

Well Allan, that certainly won't attract any attention at all. :lmao:

Almost 6,000 miles in 2 years in Ohio and no problems yet. :fingersx:
I hope I didn't just jinx myself... might be getting that from parts rack now.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great Idea....I"m gonna have try that next time I get pulled over...

For all the other guys that don"t have this bracket...If you reside in a state that requires a front plate; most of the time the officer just wants to make sure that your paperwork is corect ( IE: valid license, registration, insurance ), so first and foremost..make sure your paperwork is correct; you don't want to give the officer any excuse to right you a ticket. Secondly...If you can give the officer any half believeable story why you don't have a front plate; they will most likely play along. Trust me..Cops aren't stupid..They know as soon as they turn the corner...you're taking the front plate off the car ( after all..they can't blame..you driver a viper ). As long as you show them the respect and give them a half believable story..they will usually play along. But be warned...If a front plate is reqiired in your state..You may just get that one cop that doesn't want to hear your song and dance...But in most cases this approach works....

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Allan, that certainly won't attract any attention at all. :lmao:

Almost 6,000 miles in 2 years in Ohio and no problems yet. :fingersx:
I hope I didn't just jinx myself... might be getting that from parts rack now.

......Note to self--buy Allan a neon rear plate holder:)

I'm actually 1 for 1 with the front license plate in the trunk...."Just forgot to place it back after washing my car".....Hopefully, didn't jinx myself.