Front upper nut on side sill

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know a good way to tighten up the front upper nut on the side sill? What a pain in the neck to get to.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took off the front tire, bent back the wheel well cover, and the access is pretty easy.
(I only did this after screwing around for 40 minutes trying every extension and knuckle in my toolbox to get the screw off.)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the archives (early in the 2003 MY). I did the cutout method which makes it a cinch to use a socket. Other profess to move the fender well out of the way (did not work on mine).

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
There was a very good thread on this with pictures. Simply, loosen the inner fender liner and bend it slightly outwards. This is a slot that lines up with the nut. Slip the proper size socket over the nut and go for it. Very easy.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cut out a round 1"1/2" hole and put a rubber plug like the type that fits on foot wells (to cover the hole); It now can be accessed with a spanner. You need to get the hole slighly above the bolt. You will need to remove the front tires (each side) for this process.

OP
OP
F

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I will try bending back the wheel well liner first and if this doesn't work, I will make a small cut in the liner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang