Front wheel bearings ...

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like the front wheel bearings are the reason for my brake pedal variation, (the wheel leans on left turns pushing the pad in and then the pedal goes deeper).

Question ... I have a friend who has a lift and does "back yard mechanic" work for me at times on my other vehicles. Is this job straight forward as he thinks it will be or should I pay 4 times as much and have the Chysler Dealer do it? He is a good mechanic.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is pretty straight forward. You will probably need some boards to drive up on to get the hoist arms under the Viper though.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like the others said. It is very straight forward. I ordered 2 front bearings from Chuck Tator and changed them out myself. It took me around 1 hour to do both sides. With that being said, I heard that the rear ones are a b_tch..

You must be registered for see images attach

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So once a year you should check you hub nuts on the front and rear. Torque them to 300lbs/ft. You wont find that spec in the service manuel. the first time you do it you will be surprised how much it takes to tighten them.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So once a year you should check you hub nuts on the front and rear. Torque them to 300lbs/ft. You wont find that spec in the service manuel. the first time you do it you will be surprised how much it takes to tighten them.

300 lbs/ft !! :omg:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would hate to work on an H1's suspension. . .:omg:

Nick

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the front wheel bearings are the reason for my brake pedal variation, (the wheel leans on left turns pushing the pad in and then the pedal goes deeper).

Question ... I have a friend who has a lift and does "back yard mechanic" work for me at times on my other vehicles. Is this job straight forward as he thinks it will be or should I pay 4 times as much and have the Chysler Dealer do it? He is a good mechanic.

put some new rotors on it to to get rid of the vibration

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R