Fuel Management w/ Supercharger

ceokris

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm a newbie here, and haven't performed any mods to my '97 GTS yet.. However, I've built several Super/Turbocharged setups for older blow-through carb setups on other cars. This ECU/PCM stuff is new too me. Anyways, I am building a custom NOVI 2000 (possibly procharger) supercharger setup which will provide a max of 5psi of intercooled boost. I've blindly purchased the MSD V10 retard box, now I'm in need of providing additional fuel under boost. From my understanding the stock injectors and fuel system should provide ample fuel. It's just a matter of re-mapping the fuel curves?.?

I've heard rumors that I can use the VEC2, and even Apexi AFC. Any help in the general direction would be greatly appreciated.

-kris

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are SO MANY options it is hard to tell you where to start. There are tuners like Doug Levin and ViperMed (Scott) That can do a custom system for you. Then there are products like the VEC2 or the splitsec FTC that you can do yourself. I run the MSD box myself as an on-the-fly helper with fuel quality and am happy with it. The re-mapping of the factory ECU is elusive at best and you may not want to spend much time chasing that idea. Complete replacements like Motec or piggybacks will net you the results you are looking for.

As far as the factory fuel system working with 5PSI of boost? I dunno about that for sure or not. Check with Sean Roe or the others for help with that. You may end up wanting to upgrade the fuel system for safety's sake. Good luck and post some pictures when you are done!

Welcome to the club!

OP
OP
C

ceokris

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The FTC1-002 from Splitsec looks awesome! Its exactly what I was looking for. Now, am I able to run the MSD in conjunction with the Splitsec FTC unit? I'm guessing so. I'm not interested in having a tuner modify the vehicle. I enjoy performing automotive work myself now matter how small or large the task is. I've made a final decision to go with the Procharger D-1SC unit, it's self contained requiring no oil lines and should give enough boost. I feel boosting applications isn't rocket science physically, since most of the work lies in the tuning. In the past with blow through carb designs, I just had a pressure switch activate external fuel injectors, along with the MSD 6BTM worked wonders.. The fuel management was crude, but seemed to work just fine. I'm expecting to have a slight learning curve with this particular project.