Fun with a Lambo (PICS)

05RedSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks just like my Gallardo! I looked at a Murci when I bought mine, mostly because of the doors, but after getting in and out of a few, I changed my mind. The scissor doors are a real pain in the ass! I had to shimmy into the car, and I actually popped my head pretty good on one of them. The G is more reliable, easier to drive, and less expensive to maintain. BTW, my car is stock, and I had a different outcome racing a couple of Vipers from 40-140. I pulled a little, then they pulled past me a little, and I went by again at higher speeds. Very close races that seemed to come down to gearing and aerodynamics.

Nice choice on the Gallardo. I struggled with which Lambo to get for about a month after I sold my Viper. I kept going back and forth in my mind, Gallardo, Murci, Gallardo, Murci and so on. Just when I was 100% sure I was going Gallardo, I ended up going Murci. And here is why.

First time I got into a Murci with his scissor doors up, I nearly knocked myself out hitting my head on the door (I'm 6'5"). So I see where you are coming from on that one. But after about my 10th time getting in and getting out at my 2nd trip to the dealership, it really became a non issue. Now that I have had the Murci for about 3 months now, it has become second nature and it is no harder for me to get in and out of than a regular car. In fact I prefer it to the Viper, because I could never tell how far I could open the Viper doors without hitting something.

I drove the Gallardo and Murci back to back 2 times each. There are a lot of differences that I won’t really go into, because this is a Viper forum. Both cars can come with Egear (mines egear) and they are both easy to drive. The Gallardo is a little easier to see out of and you can hear the engine scream very loudly inside the cabin. (Some prefer this, I don’t). Gallardo had a few extra options you could get, like garage opener and rear camera, handles a bit better, and feels faster than it is. In the end the Murci is more impressive, has more power (and V12), and last but not least, I would never have 2nd thoughts about getting a Murci over a Gallardo, I might if I chose the Gallardo over the Murci.

Is the Murci worth the extra money over a Gallardo? Probably not to most people, but to me it was. Do I miss my Viper? Maybe a little bit. The brakes were phenomenal. But that thinking is all erased the minute I start up my Murcielago. It is after all, in my opinion, the best exotic car out there.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice write up. A Murci and even a Gallardo is in another league. Unfortunately only the Gallardo is within my budget! Still a beautiful ride though!

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned a silver 04 Gallardo briefly for about 5 months and sold it. The looks of the Gallardo is amazingly exotic except a little too short. My first impression of the Gallardo as soon as I sat in the car was the control buttons and layout reminds me too much of the Audi A4. Ofcourse, I truly understood that alot of the stuffs in the Gallardo are originated from Audi or VW which ever you want to call it. Only after I brought my 6 speed Gallardo that I learned the suspension of the car are super stiff. And I realized that the E-gear did came with adjustable suspension but not the 6 speed model. The car drives great and have excellent cornering abilitiy. Not to mention the looks it gets. But at the end of the day, in my opinon, the Gallardo is not a true italian car as it simply contains too much German technology such as the Audi engine and Audi quattro all wheel drive. The new Audi Le Mans will be virtually the same car as the Gallardo but the performance was offically tuned down due to the Gallardo and Audi belongs to the same company and to avoid inter company competition. And the new Audi S8 will have the Gallardo's engine.

Viper still rules at the end!! :2tu:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to own both a new Viper '06 FE Coupe and a Murcielago. The Lambo will walk away from the stock Viper, at any speed. Guys, 580 AWD horses will pull a 510 horse car. The Lambo's body is carbon fiber except the doors/ roof and they both weight @ 3400...both have been on my scales. Top speed for the Lambo is a good 15 mph more. But the Viper costs 30% percent of what a Murcielago costs so it better. As far as looks go- Lambo wins, but barely. They are both great cars and I am lucky I have a great career so I can own these toys. Brian

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its funny how everyone says a lambo will walk from a Viper .I have pulled hard from Gallardo's and pulled a car length or two on Murci's.I have not seen one take me yet although on paper you would think they would.Maybe they are optimistic on there published HP numbers?

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Steve.....I'm telling the truth here....we ran several times and it was no contest on the highway....his car even has a full tubi exhaust!!!!

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there significant differences with the gearing in first and/or second between the Murci and Viper?

05RedSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drivers being equal a stock Viper will not walk a stock Murci. A stock Viper will walk a 2004-2005 Gallardo. The 2006 Gallardos have 520 hp and better (shorter) gearing and may be tougher for the Viper.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there significant differences with the gearing in first and/or second between the Murci and Viper?

The Murci is a very heavy car. Driver for driver, I am willing to bet that the Viper would beat a Murci to ~130 mph, but after that the aerodynamics and the gearing of the Murci would take over and pass the Viper. jmo

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yah....just released...saw it at the auto show last week. certain dealers around the country have them as demos. sweet looking car.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drivers being equal a stock Viper will not walk a stock Murci. A stock Viper will walk a 2004-2005 Gallardo. The 2006 Gallardos have 520 hp and better (shorter) gearing and may be tougher for the Viper.

A stock Viper will NOT walk a stock Gallardo! I've raced two SRT 10 Vipers in my car, and both were very close races. I pulled both slightly at first, they both came back at 100mph or so, and I passed both of them again at 120ish. One of them had no cats, a Mopar race exhaust, and K&N box, but it did have a 180lb passenger which probably offset the mods. Both guys were great drivers.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Big Carrot says.... My buddy's stock Gallardo is faster but i can get a 1/2 car jump from 60mph. After 100 the Gallardo gets me by 1 car. I have not "tested" this with my 3.55 gears.

I'm guessing this proves how important driver skill is??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4