Unusual Custom Build Opportunity...

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a somewhat out of the ordinary opportunity for you guys, and figure someone may be interested.

Background:

We took a damaged SRT-10 on trade towards a high-level build a couple years back, with the intention of putting it back together and selling it off. Well, we ended up going as far as tearing the car down, inventorying the car, getting the replacement components, and inspecting exactly what we had to work with. That is basically where we stalled on the project, as paying customer projects take precedence over our own back-burner projects. We put the car into storage, and it has been sitting untouched since. I decided a few months back that the first break we can catch, we need to leverage this project back into the mix, and clear it from the books, insurance, etc. That time is approaching, and we are planning to complete it in spring.

For reference, the car has mid-30K miles, 2004 Red SRT, and is NOT a salvage title. Car is free and clear. Had frame and suspension damage driver front. Drivetrain good. Interior Good. Complete body with original paint at the moment. We inspected the drivetrain, and decided to purchase a complete, brand new frame for the car rather than sectioning the current one. Any damaged underbody panels are factory new. Anything from the original car was undamaged in the first place. Long story short, anyone who has ever seen anything we have built, knows we are probably the most anal builders out there. The car will be better than when it was originally built, I guaran-goddamn-tee it.

That said, it brings us to the current opportunity;

I have been toying with the idea of building this car back to something other than stock, if I can find a buyer who wants something a little out of the ordinary built at a discount. I figure this may work for all involved, as the buyer would get a custom built car for less than normal, keeping it "stock" is less relevant then usual, and we can absorb a lot of the built time as we were going to have to complete a frame-off anyway. This could be something as simple as a "pretty" Basic Bolt-Ons Build, a MyGig install, a Paxton install, or even a VS-X700 such as can be seen in my Avatar. We even have a smaller take off Turbo Kit sitting on the shelf that could be cleaned up, rebuilt, and fitted onto this car, bumping it to about 800 at the flywheel.

Any ideas out there? Anyone who may want to work with us on something of the sort?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang